Hey guys, I've been having an idea lately and have some questions. I want to put a switch between the battery and the circuit board on a Russian Big Muff so that I can put it on a pedal board and simply turn the switch off when I get done playing instead of having to unplug it and all that good stuff. If I did this, would this switch cause any unnecessary hum, if so how could I remedy it, and is there any special type of switch to use or can it be a regular 12 volt toggle switch? If you can make sense of this and can help me, please do.
the lesser known of the 4
If you have a power supply for your pedals you can always buy the little adaptor piece that hooks up to the battery plugin thing so you dont need a battery, the Big Muff doesnt have an AC jack right?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
If you have a power supply for your pedals you can always buy the little adaptor piece that hooks up to the battery plugin thing so you dont need a battery, the Big Muff doesnt have an AC jack right?

The American does, the Russian does not. All my other EHX pedals have them though.
the lesser known of the 4
Umm... am I the only one who laughs at that title?

Find a place to short the sig to ground I would guess. I dont know too much about pedals. Thats how a guitar killswitch works.
^you cant just shunt the battery to ground, it will suck it dry and cause other things to happen, you need to use a battery disconect (ie interuptor) and problably do a truebypass mod for good measure use a 3pdt switch, 10 bucks prettymuch where ever you go..