So, last week, i went to a good local music store about 20 mins away (long and mcquade). I needed new bass strings, and didn't really know which scale i would need. So i brought my bass with me, showed it to the guy, and he said i need short scale. (I had always though it was just long scale, but he's the guy working at a music store, so...). They didn't have any, so he ordered some. I went today, picked them up, came back, and found out that they're TOO. ****ING. SHORT.

GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAARHHHHHHHHHHHAGAJSDHTRJAGH.

I was mainly annoyed, b/c i hadn't been playing bass for a week, and the guy was totally wrong. But i called them, and they said they would give me the long scale for free.

Anyone else have any store problems?
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

I went to help a friend pick out a bass, and he was talking to the sales clerk while I was poking around. I hear the sales guy say "No, that hole is supposed to be there! It opens up the acoustics and leaves more room for the sound!". I turn around, and my friend has this used Ibanez Precision/Jazz bass, but there was no precision pickup in the cavity

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
I went to help a friend pick out a bass, and he was talking to the sales clerk while I was poking around. I hear the sales guy say "No, that hole is supposed to be there! It opens up the acoustics and leaves more room for the sound!". I turn around, and my friend has this used Ibanez Precision/Jazz bass, but there was no precision pickup in the cavity

That's too funny.
Quote by Adrock1795
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Quote by garden of grey
a new hybrid of dams and stores you say?

sounds better than you say it is.

I would imagine a bunch of beavers as store clerks. That would be coolio .
Quote by Adrock1795
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

You would expect someone working in a music store to know better.

Humanity sucks. Fortunetly, no one in the music shops near me is that stupid.
Its not stupidity... its the fact that they will do anything to sell you stuff.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
^And rip you off!
Spector Legend 4 Custom
Ashton AB-2
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby
Ibanez PD7 Overdrive
SWR LA 15 (dead)
Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien-Krueger Neo 212
nah, not really. I mean, people have tried at this place I go to George's, but my friend works there and gets them to stop screwing me over before I get screwed over. And then I'm friends with the owner at Leo's (Leo), and he tuned my newly bought ukulele and played 2, 3 songs on it just to show how crappily they stay in tune. Good man.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Its not stupidity... its the fact that they will do anything to sell you stuff.

That's why i go to Long and Mcquade. There is this laid back feeling in that store. And they never pressure you into buying anything. When I went today, I was fooling around with a synth keyboard (had some awesome sounds), and one of the guys said "you interested in a synth?". I was like "no, i'm just fooling around", and he says "cool", and walks away.
Quote by Adrock1795
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

i rather like stores, sure they are over priced, but you can use all their basses for free. last time i went to guitar center, i met a jam band hippie like me, and we had a nice conversation about bonnaroo

my two local stores are cool too, they've never pressured me, and i play through all their amps whenever my teacher is running late.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
eh, i'm hopefully going to be helping out at a local store on tuesdays, so you'll see less of these problems around in there (not that there were any, the guy that runs it knows a hell of alot

Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

thats too much
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.