I was wondering if any of you had tryed them before and how good they would be for playing hardcore and such. Also if you happen to have them or know some1 who does I'd like to know what a good neck pickup would be to add with it.
the strat hotrails are nice. definitely good for metal/hardcore. not sure about tele rails.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
^ i disagree, the strat hotrails are junk.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i disagree, the strat hotrails are junk.

I disagree, through a cranked Marshall, Maiden etc.

Dont expect superb cleans outta em!
high pitched, high treble, high output, no hum. they sound like a hot single.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ like a hot single with no tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
why must u always contradict me in front of the children!

seriously tho. ive got a tele hot rail. they are a bit harsh. what sound are u looking for anyway?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I basically wanna get a good screaming/heavy sound of my tele for hardcore/post hardcore. Theres another I was looking at too its like a Seymour Duncan Hot Lead Stack Pickup...should be a bit less distorted then the other.
why did you get a tele for playing hardcore? id say sell it, and buy something with humbuckers. although, the hot rails will give you a more humbucker feel, on a single coil look.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
ive heard a tele with hotrails through a mesa dual rec. it sounded huge, but im gonna credit that mostlyu to the mesa. i have middle and neck hot rails in my jackson soloist. they have a good smooth shred type sound, but there is not a whole load of just the gut wrenching tone that your gonna want for hardcore stuff. and IMO they have beautiful clean tones.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
if u want hardcore. then swap out either the bridge or the guard and make room for a humbucker.
because IMO, unless ur amp is above par, ur not really getting the right pickup for the job.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by sloppyjoe109
why did you get a tele for playing hardcore? id say sell it, and buy something with humbuckers. although, the hot rails will give you a more humbucker feel, on a single coil look.

no they won't, it's a lot more gain, but still the tone (only much, much worse) of a single. it still sounds thin.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bryan j
ive heard a tele with hotrails through a mesa dual rec. it sounded huge, but im gonna credit that mostlyu to the mesa. i have middle and neck hot rails in my jackson soloist. they have a good smooth shred type sound, but there is not a whole load of just the gut wrenching tone that your gonna want for hardcore stuff. and IMO they have beautiful clean tones.

yeah, that's the mesa. it has a deep, thick, low mid-range that'd fill out the inherent thin-ness of the hot rail. and the neck and middle versions you have are a different spec to the bridge version- they're quite a bit less hot (hence the better cleans).

Quote by jj1565
if u want hardcore. then swap out either the bridge or the guard and make room for a humbucker.
because IMO, unless ur amp is above par, ur not really getting the right pickup for the job.

+45.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?