could u please tell me what key my song is in i havent a clue the chords are E A D F# n if you wanna be reallly generous could you briefly explain how you figure out please cheers in advance
key of dmajor i believe, or gmaj, or possibly amaj, you just look at the notes, learn your scales like a good musician should, then figure it out, what type of genre is it? if its a punk song go with d, if blues a, if rock g.
Am not sure its not C though.

E Major has - E G# B
A Major has - A C# E
D Major has - D F# A
F# Major has - F# A# C#
I think its the same chords as "She ****ing Hates Me" by some band i dont like...so get the key of that song, and uve got the key to this song
if the song starts and ends on E its probably in E, thats usually the case, a song starts and ends on the chord of its key
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
a sense of obligation."
well the song is a kind of bluesy/ rocky song all major chords i know notes the fretboard but i dont have a clue how 2 interpret wat key the song would b in from them any1 come 2 an agreement of what it actually is?
cheers do u know any sites or any place 2 go 2 learn how 2 figure that stuff out?
Well according to the chords your song includes the notes E F# G# A B C# and D. That says the key of A HOWEVER if you start and end on E it could be E mixolydian.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
howd you come up with gsharp and csharp? it could be g with just fsharp youre right im just sayin theres a few keys it could be in, if thats the only 4 chords then take your pick it wont matter in the long run unless yuor throwin in some more chords or a solo
omg, if its all major which apparently it is then its OPEN KEY (technicaly E) a solo would fit in the open scale or the 12 fret scale...
Quote by craig_shaw_uk
Ur Song Be In The Key Of C, My Young Apprentice..

E major isn't in the key of C.

And unless you change the F# to a diminished chord, it isn't in E either.
Quote by PinkFloyd73
key of dmajor i believe, or gmaj, or possibly amaj, you just look at the notes, learn your scales like a good musician should, then figure it out, what type of genre is it? if its a punk song go with d, if blues a, if rock g.

Wait, you mean that certain genres are better suited to different keys?
Could you explain?
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by PinkFloyd73
howd you come up with gsharp and csharp? it could be g with just fsharp youre right im just sayin theres a few keys it could be in, if thats the only 4 chords then take your pick it wont matter in the long run unless yuor throwin in some more chords or a solo

There is a G# because the E chord has a G# in it and there is a C# because the A chord has a C# in it. jeez....
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

^lol it's allright man.
Quote by shattamakar