Hi, ive noticed some minor diferences between the epiphone les paul standard made in china and the one made in korea, for example, like the tuners - the china one has grover tuners.
The thing I would like to know is if there's a difference between one and another and wich is better.

Hopes you can answer
Idon't know what is better, what I can tell you is that I just got my Chinese (new) epi lp standard plus and it's great in every way. I also know that most of the epi's are now made in china, for some reason they've kind of moved from korea to china, but the quality is still really good. I wouldn't say one is any better, although some claim that you should buy a Korean made pre-2000 models are best, but I disagree.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Mines from China.

I'm pretty sure the Chinese ones have gone through a significant increase in quality and quality control recently.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
korea still are better though.
my lpcustom is korean built and has grover tuners
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
tbh u wont really notice a difference , just make sure u try it and like it, thts all tht matters
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
There is one major difference between the Korean made Epiphone Les Paul Standards and the Chinese Epiphone Les Paul Standards.

The current Chinese manufactured Epiphone Les Pauls have a Mahogany and Agathis body. What this means is that the large middle bit of the body of the guitar is a peice of Agathis (which is a not very good piece of tone wood, sometimes called comercial grade mahogany), and either side of the middle block are two pieces of Mahogany.

The pre 2000 Korean made Epiphone Les Paul Standard is made completly from mahogany, which gives it a deeper more resonant tone with greater sustain. So overall the Korean made Les Paul Standards sound a great deal better than the currently made Chinese Les Paul Standards. Also beacuase the body of the guitar is Solid Mahogany it makes a great base to upgrade and customise when you want to change your sound (or go from an intermediatry instrument to a higher quality).

I own a 1998 Limited Editon Epiphone Les Paul Standard (its a re-issue of a 1960 Les Paul hence the limited title) and i also have a 1999 Epiphone Les Paul Standard and they are very fine guitars, both have served me very well. The Limited Edition Les Paul is probably my main guitar.

I have also played quite a few of the Les Paul Standards that have been made in China and to be completly honest the Korean ones are of a higher quality in terms of material, build and finish also the quality checking of the Korean made Les Pauls seems of a higher standard. I'm not saying the Chinese ones are bad, they just arent as good as the Korean in my own opinion.

If given the option then i would buy a pre 2000 Korean Les Paul Standard over a Chinese one any day of the week.
I have an Indonesian made Epi lp custom. it has grover tuners. As long as it has grover tuners your good.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
ummm...........no..... if you're guitar has a very large chunk of agathis in the middle it's going to have a "dead" or dull tint to it's sound, i don't care if it's a les paul, it'll suck balls tonewise, the korean ones are much better, at least they're mahogany plus alder, which are both great woods, agathis is mainly a firewood because it burns so good, and anyway, china's known for making toy's, not guitars, korea is a better manafacturer of guitars, if you want quality you'll get the korean, if you just want the name les paul, go chinese, you'll regret it
No,chinese ones are very good end of.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
You would think a company like Epiphone wouldn't risk not telling people what their guitars are actually made from. They're advertised as either having full mahogany or mahogany/alder bodies and that's what they will be.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.