Hey there.

I'm looking forward to getting a cool guitar for my 18th this December, and personally I would really really really like a Jackson coz well, Randy Rhoads is my HERO ( R.I.P).
Also I hear Alexi Laiho used it for a while so ye.

Due to the **** country I live in ( South Africa ) , only a few Jackson models are available, primarily being the JS20 Dinky? and the JS30RR Rhoads?.

I have read the "Electric Guitar: the 10 commandments." post and because I don't have enough money just to throw around if the guitar I pick turns out to be a **** one, I created this thread for additional help.

Firstly, I'll be selling my Epiphone Les Paul Goth ( my very first guitar..*sob sob* ) and my super crappy Stagg X300. Just wondering if this is a good choice or not?

Also, since im into thrash metal as well as the "classical" approach to licks and soloing , coz of my randy Influence, is it a good idea to get a Jackson?
I mean, will it be better to get another guitar WITHIN THE SAME price range instead?

And lastly , If I had to choose between the JS20 Dinky? and the JS30RR Rhoads? , which one should I go for?

I mean the JS20 has a tremelo and the RR doesnt. But the overall shape of the RR just looks freaking wicked!

So ye, your help would BE GREATLY appreciate guys, thx alot!!

Oh ye, for specifications or whaterever:

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900016503#

and

http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900011503#

Thx!
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
The trem on the JS20 will suck and if will lose tuning all of the time so I'd get hte rhoads.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by Eric 666
The Rhoads, although it's a bitch to play sitting down.

Shouldn't be too hard if you put the lower point between your legs and the upper one over a leg. True, it would still be better standing with a strap but it still shouldn't be too bad sitting.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
i had a js30rr a year or two ago.......and for the price its not a bad axe...you should be happy with it