I have a line 6 spider II and I was wondering if it would be safe to play my ipod through it. I've heard in some places that you could possibly wreck the electronics, but I was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks in advance.
I doubt it, i use my mp3 play on my practice amp, and then plug my guitar into my good (well...better) amp and play along with the songs
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

If you turn everything up loud enough theres a chance you could blow a speaker. Thats about it.
Just guitar speakers are designed to break up, not play normal music.

Since its a Spider, not a proper valve amp, its prob better at that then.
they speaker isnt voiced for music, only guitar so the bass/ drums/ vocals going through the speaker is going to be bad for it because it isnt made to play those sounds (ie it isnt made to play bass because the speaker cant move that much. and really it wont sound good because the speakers responce isnt made to be flat like an audio speaker.
I plug my iPod into my microcube and it works great. It has an aux/in socket that the directions (yes, i actually read them) say is for that use. I say go for it. It is very doubtful it would hurt anything.
Quote by sempri_fi
they speaker isnt voiced for music, only guitar so the bass/ drums/ vocals going through the speaker is going to be bad for it because it isnt made to play those sounds (ie it isnt made to play bass because the speaker cant move that much. and really it wont sound good because the speakers responce isnt made to be flat like an audio speaker.

The guitar is a very large ranged instrument, so putting music into isn't going to compromise the speaker. By no means will it wreck the amp it's just goign to sound like crap.
listen to sempri-fi... the amp is made for the range of a guitar, but as long as you dont blast it, the bass/drums/vox won damage anything, if you hear any buzzing or anything abnormal... stop it... oh and you might want to turn your bass and mid dow a little... just to be safe...
There are only three things in life that you can count on...
Death
Taxes
METAL

Jericho Fusion quilted maple-BKP painkiller
LTD Stephen Carpenter SC-207 -EMG 707s
Schecter Omen 6 - SD invader
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
yeah this reminds me, today i through my guitar on bass pickup single coils turned my tone to like 1.5-2 and lowered the mids on my amp (65 watt fender cyber deluxe for practice) and raised the bass and trble on my clean channel and put my cell phone speaker at string height above the coils and played mp3s and it sounded better than a stereo system. and it was loud. i dont recomend it because i probably could have damaged somthing.
if your plugged into an aux in the eq wont' help anything fyi. Those speakers will run it, if they coudlnt' why do they build an amp for a cd plug in feature?