Okay, I've been playing for a couple of months now, and when I look up tabs and stuff, I notice that some songs use something like the following:


Now how exactly would I go about playing something like that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
it means the strings are mutted with ur fret hand so like place ur fingers on those strings but dont press down really hard and just strum those three u get a muted sound but its not like palm mutting its really easy
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
Rest your fretting hand fingers gently on those strings (not actually fretting them) and strum.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.