Tried different numbers with bass and treble and all that stuff on my amp, but i can't get it to sound..... genuinely acoustic. Is there like an "ideal" setting?
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
-sigh-....

Acoustic is best obtained with either an ACOUSTIC guitar or an effect with the ACOUSTIC setting. Perhaps look around for a multi-effects processor.
Man, i can't afford one right now.

Plus it doesn't have to sound EXACTLY like an acoustic. If that was my issue... i'd use my acoustic guitar... =|
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
There are singular pedals you can buy that are acoustic simulators. Boss makes a pretty decent one, I've played around with it at my local shop. I sounds good, not EXACT, cause nothing beats a REAL acoustic, but it gets the job done, and Boss aren't TOO expensive.

And there really isn't a way to get an acoustic sound in your amp without basically tearing it apart.... (I think)
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Make sure your using your neck pickup for a start.

But really the only way i can get a decent acoustic sound from my electric is to use the neck pickup, run it through amp modeling that simulates both an acoustic guitar sound and an acoustic amp and cabinet
also turn down ur guitar's volume.

and for $20 this pedal isnt "that" bad...
http://www.music123.com/Behringer-Acoustic-Modeler-i156767.music
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's easy for me, though I have an AD30VT. I can just put it on one of the 3 or so clean amp models, turn the gain down to 5, switch to a pickup near the neck, and turn on the Chorus Reverb effect on the amp, and I get a pretty good acoustic tone.
yea he can instal a piezo. but i think we've got a budget problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by musiclover2399
^mmmm(aka i see/agreed)

Oh, I thought it meant Many Mothers Moshing Merrily...
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

JJ's given the best advice. I have both the Boss and the Behringer which I bought on a whim. I think I may actually like the behringer a bit more. The real trick to getting a terrific acoustic sim sound is to run guitar to sim to PA. (I'd recommend an acoustic amp but I'm sensing the budget constraint) If you need both capacities, run the guitar to an A/B switch and out to (A) amp and (B) acoustic sim pedal to PA.

Good Luck
Quote by TJM2482
It's easy for me, though I have an AD30VT. I can just put it on one of the 3 or so clean amp models, turn the gain down to 5, switch to a pickup near the neck, and turn on the Chorus Reverb effect on the amp, and I get a pretty good acoustic tone.

5?
I seldom put the gain past like 3 if I want a good clean sound..... But then I am VERY picky.....
And I usually have the preamp volume all the way up.....
YEah, if you got the money, BOSS' Acoustic Simulator is your best bet. I love mine.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by jj1565
also turn down ur guitar's volume.

and for $20 this pedal isnt "that" bad...
http://www.music123.com/Behringer-Acoustic-Modeler-i156767.music

"Two individual outputs enable easy switching between electric and acoustic guitar sounds when using two separate amps."

I need TWO amps to make it work? ahh damn. =/
Guess i have no choice...
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

^im sorry, did u mean a semi hollow, two input guitar like the A/E schecter?

im a little confused.

i thought u had a standard guitar and were running it to an electric amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Fyre Deity
"Two individual outputs enable easy switching between electric and acoustic guitar sounds when using two separate amps."

I need TWO amps to make it work? ahh damn. =/
Guess i have no choice...

you could use the second input to go straight into the P.A if your using one when gigging and the first one goes into your amp
Neck pickup, guitar's volume low, amps master volume higher than usual.

That's the best acoustic sound you'll get without getting an acoustic or acoustic sim pedal.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30