Ok. To put it short.. I have string buzzing. It is mainly the top E and A strings. The others are pretty buzzless, so to say. Anyway, the buzzing doesn't come through the amp, but it just annoys me sometimes when I am playing with low volume in my room, and I hear the buzz from the guitar. I don't know if it is a big issue since the pickups don't pick it up, but again, just annoys me. The guitar plays fine though.. I love the way it plays, so I have no problem there.

My question I guess would be... Does it even matter? Since pickups don't pick it up, and since it plays fine.. Is there any reason to try and fix it?
Raise the action...

I asked that same question once, and someone told me to raise the action... it helped.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
i have it really bad on low e also... i raised the action, but it still is buzzing out of control. all other strings are fine... new nut maybe?
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Mattfm. bring it to a tech. I'm sure it's probably fret buzz and you just didn't raise the action enough. I hope it isn't the saddle. Threadstarter, raise the action like the other guy said. if you don't know how, bring it to a tech. That would be best since raising the action can also mess up intonation and you want that to stay perfect.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by sanders4617
Ok. To put it short.. I have string buzzing. It is mainly the top E and A strings. The others are pretty buzzless, so to say. Anyway, the buzzing doesn't come through the amp, but it just annoys me sometimes when I am playing with low volume in my room, and I hear the buzz from the guitar. I don't know if it is a big issue since the pickups don't pick it up, but again, just annoys me. The guitar plays fine though.. I love the way it plays, so I have no problem there.

My question I guess would be... Does it even matter? Since pickups don't pick it up, and since it plays fine.. Is there any reason to try and fix it?

usually, if it doesnt go thru the amp. it's not considered a problem.
you can raise the action a bit. but that's going to raise all the strings, if its a TOM.
and that might be a bigger pain.

what type of guitar is it.?

and matt. u need to make ur own thread and say what type of guitar it is too.
or it gets too confusing. u might have a high fret. there are a couple of ways to fix that.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011

is that a saddle bridge, like this? if so, then u need to turn the two screws per saddle with a tiny allen wrench to adjust those strings.

logz pic
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah it is. I am not going to personally change anything by myself. heh. I believe I might take it to a guitar shop to be set up sometime, depending on the price. I think the neck needs a little adjustment anyway. The lowE (6th) string seems a tad too close to the edge of the fretboard. There is less space between the string and the edge of the fretboard with the low E than with the High E.. making me believe that the neck might need adjusted, but I am not sure. For now, until I can get someone that can actually see and touch the guitar, I will just leave it at best. I thought that maybe it was ok for the strings to buzz (as long as the pickups didnt pick it up) on the electric.
if you like the way it plays and the amp aint pickin' it up.......if it aint broke, dont break it.....ur never gonna get the action perfect......well, i cant anyway.....
Quote by Terry Wayne
if you like the way it plays and the amp aint pickin' it up.......if it aint broke, dont break it.....ur never gonna get the action perfect......well, i cant anyway.....

your obviously not trying hard enough. i mean i can sit down with my guitar working on it for about an hour and will get the action very much where i want it too be