What would be the best guitar for blues or jazz? I was thinking a Gibson 335. This guy who I work with is selling a 337 for $700 and I'll probably get it, but it's a pretty big guitar, for jazz mostly. I have a Strat, so don't say a Strat.

What do you think?

337:

*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Last edited by JJK at Sep 29, 2006,
335 pwns
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Well you certainly can't play good blues with a strat like eric clapton or jimi hendrix did it's just crazy!
Stratocasters and other Fender guitars in general are usually great for blues.

I saw somebody at my school playing jazz with a Fender TC-90 Thinline - what a beautiful guitar.

Anyways, that Gibson looks ****ing gorgeous, man. Get it.
i have a fender strat and i play blues (mostely texas) and id recommend it
Call me Jack
Strat or a variety of semi-hollows. Gibson ES for example.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
That guitar you have right there is the one. Those hollowbodies are the way to go for sure. A friend of mine has a gibson hollowbody and its awesome. Gretch guitars are also quite good for jazz and blues and what not.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Yeah, I'd say hollowbodies are the way to go for Blues and Jazz. There are possibly better guitars for one or the other of those genres, but not for both. Gibson 355s are always your friend.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by bananaguitar
one word for you: DO IT!!!

That's two words.

And I think I'm going to get the 337 off of him. My parents are going to be extremely pissed off though.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp