hmmm...

if you want versatility, I'd go with the strat.
Better yet, a h/s/s strat. (With a humbucker at the bridge)
You really have to feel them both in person. They feel completely different. With the right effects and mods, you can make anything sound the way you want. Feel comes first. Go try them both out at a local store.
Neither one is "better" they are both great so its more a matter of style of music and how it feels to you.Personaly I went with the Strat(HSS) just barely over the Tele and im very happy
Quote by Guitarist_101
Can I get some REAL SUGGESTIONS???

You did. What music do you play? It depends entirely on what you want. Each guitar has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I suggest you go to a shop and try both out to see what you like
Tele can play anything and so can a strat so just play and see what feels better. I have a tele and i play blues, jazz and even metal all on the stock pickups.
Amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
As far as I'm concerned, it's not our bad suggestions, but your very bad information.

It's impossible to say which is better between a Telecaster or a Stratocaster. They're different guitars for different styles of music, and need to be picked based on feel and playability. As for Ibanez guitars... you can't just throw a brand name out there. Why don't you study something yourself and say "how about the RG?" The UG board isn't supposed to do the work for you, they're supposed to offer advice and suggestions AFTER you've done your initial research.

This ensures you don't look like an idiot (much like the way you do now).
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack