hey can some one pm or reply to a synyster gates tone lead guitar in avenged sevenfold thanks, I have a digitech death metal pedal, can u give me and amp setting a pedal setting and a guitar setting thanx alot
Okay I wont but what do u suggest I do what pedals are good for it and what can I do with the **** I have?
Sorry no one replied to the last ones except u sorry.
You'll need a good amp too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
honestly, you need a good tube amp and really hot pickups to get close to his tone. I guess if you have his sig axe youve got the pups, but you arent gonna get close with some cheap pedal, and i dont know what kind of amp you have.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i'll be the first to say it, n00b alert!

UG should have some entrance exam or something, to make everyones life easier
Hey, dude you really shouldnt confront a topic with intent to write somthing other than the intended subject I asked For a Synyster Gates tone and you didnt give it to me, So Quite frankly your comments mean nothing and I wouldnt waste my energy to type about newbies.
Quote by Synyster Gates!
Hey, dude you really shouldnt confront a topic with intent to write somthing other than the intended subject I asked For a Synyster Gates tone and you didnt give it to me, So Quite frankly your comments mean nothing and I wouldnt waste my energy to type about newbies.

but you just wasted your valuable masturbating time typing all that out!!?
Haha, Not really buddy you replied and I also am now so we both are but what ever unless u have that tone then were done with this sarade.
I cant afford to buy a bogner man and Syn and Zacky had switched to mesa boogie triple rectifiers how much are those running for a half or full stack
Quote by Synyster Gates!
Okay I wont but what do u suggest I do what pedals are good for it and what can I do with the **** I have?
Sorry no one replied to the last ones except u sorry.

that doesnt mean you should automatically make another one
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
ok wow I said sorry like 4 times dude be mature and drop it I dont understand why people bring up stupid conflicts like that. Im done arguing just drop it
whats your price range, that pedal wont do ****, you have to buy a tube amp
alot I have numerous ways to gain money if I get straight a's on one report card my dad said he will buy me seriously anything I want so yeah are mesa boogies tube amps, whats good out there I like traynors alot to
^I've had straight A's since 1st grade, and I haven't gotten **** from my parents for it. I'm graduating valadictorian (SP?) this year from high school, and still, my parents don't get me anything.....grrrrr...I hate when parents buy kids stuff for grades. My entire rig is my own hard earned money...thousands of dollars!!!!!

But I'm happy! Sorry for the rant....

And yes, A7X uses rectos again...I saw them live a week ago, with Muse opening. Muse was amazing...A7X was very dissapointing to me. VERY dissapointing.

As for the tone, there isn't much short of a recto that's gonna get you there. Synester uses a 3 Channel recto through a Marshall 4x12. That's all I could see up on stage. There are a bunch of effects going on, as he has a midi switcher controlling multiple things at his feet.

What amp do you own anyways? You need to give us info if you want help.
ibanez you nerd..im just kidding man congrats...and ya a lot of amps will say they give you that rectoesque distortion but its hard to emulate the sound of a recto in my opinion..I myself am lookin into buying a carvin amp, they have tube combos for under 1000, that would probly come close as well...but anyways yeah give us more details on your current setup (amp)
K dude, like Im one of the nicer people here...but this is just sad. Listen bro, for one...hes not even that good of guitar player. Secondly, listen to what youre saying "I have a $39 pedal but my dad will drop $3500 into a Mesa Triple Recto halfstack just so I can sound like my favorite guitar player." Does that really make sense to you? Youre way better of with a decent modeling amp.
ur going to pitty me but a crate power block with to peavy cabs im using a marshall with 2 six inch speakers as a slave and master setup (crates volume in the stack muting the speakers to the marshall and using it as a preamp and that syn custom for a guitar). But yeah how much are the triple rectos why were they disapointing and dude no offense but u have to realize they started their city of evil tour january 3rd they have been touring for almost 10 months thats rediculous shadows voice is so out of whack and everyone is soo tiered of those songs i mean like syn johny zacky and the rev so yeah. but the mesa boogie u ahve one whats it like?
^^Agreed. I hate stuff like this. It just makes me burn inside

And Synester is really a poor guitarist......very poor.....saw him live, and he was my biggest dissapointment. His "solo" was horrible....I could have showed him up, and I'm really not a shredder at all. He's messy, and just gets through tougher parts with a lot of gain and noise...most people can't tell, but a real guitarist can see that he just trips right through the parts.

The rest of the band was ok. The singer was the best of them all by far. But there music is boring. The entire set sounded like one song...no differentiation.

Why did you lay out soo much for a custom artist guitar when the rest of your setup is ****? No offense, but that makes no sense to me.

As for the recto, it's my grail tone. I love it. But if you're asking me how it is, "that recto you own," I'm not so sure you should be looking into one. They take a lot of time, a PERFECT rig, and a very technical and clean player to get a good tone out of. It's very easy to make them sound bad.

Research your stuff before your bad takes the plunge into this. You should know your **** pretty well before you invest in such a piece. And this is definitely not the place you should be if you're looking for a recto......forum advice is worthless in these situations.

As for your amp, start with the EQ flat, gain high, but not too high....you want articulation, not mud. From there, I would boost the mids a bit, and see how it sounds.
Last edited by ibanez4life SZ! at Sep 29, 2006,
My Mesa is as menacing as it looks. Also, its taken me months to find my tone. But thats another story. Like I said, I think youd be wwaaayyy better off buying a good modeling amp or pedal..
yeah idk I think hes good but hes been playing that **** forever so idk We both know we would be tiered of it
sell your crate man..those are used best for backup,IMO their not versatile at all..and they are going for 99 now, so that says a lot...and just cause theyve been touring that long means **** man, any good musician wont get tired of their instrument, thats bull****..
Idk man im saying their probably burnt out on music right now we all would be thats so insane idk I wont get **** for that crate man I read alot of reviews and they said its f**king good for metal and leads they were so wrong
^Hence why you do not listen to them. It's the same noobs that buy and praise MG's.

Did you read my paragraph of amp advice? There's some good stuff there.

I agree...go modelling. You'll be better off.

As for A7X, they should get better as they play....not worse. After seeing them, I can see 100% that they're only in it for the money. ONLY the money.
Why was Muse opening, and A7X being the 'tour leader'?

I guess it's not just money, it's popularity too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah 3rded, modelling amp, get your A's and tell dad you want a modelling amp..
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
In the mix of things, though I consider Muse a far superior band, in the US, A7X is definitely a bigger band.

Sad, since muse was dead on on everything. Not to mention their tone raped A7X's......I was dreaming of Diezel VH-4s all night

Yeah dude Ive seen Muse live too and they were seriously awesome! The bass player is nuts!
yea i seen a local band use Diezels once, they were a **** metalcore band, but I had a tone boner the whooole time
To the topic creator: not bashing on you here, but find your own tone. Ten bucks says eventually, you won't like A7X's tone in a couple of years. Is it OK to base your tone off someone else's? Sure. But to copy it? No. For example, I personally LOVE Thomas Erak from the Fall of Troy's tone, especially in the Ghostship Demos and S/T LP. So I'm getting a JCM900 SL-X and going from there. Everyones' tone is going to be unique because A) No single instrument will sound exactly the same, B) There's so many variables in terms of the amp and guitar construction (EX: tubes, pups, electronics, ETC ETC) and C) A lot of tone comes from the fingers.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Ambulance X
For example, I personally LOVE Thomas Erak from the Fall of Troy's tone, especially in the Ghostship Demos and S/T LP.

His tone is awesome. But have you seen his pedal chain? All the times Ive seen and talked to him he used an Orange head and cab and multiple MD-2s and such. Hes also got a bad temper lol.
Mention one dude with nice skills, nice rig, nice tone, and nice attitude........... There ain't any....... Nobody's perfect man......... ESPECIALLY Synyster !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
His tone is awesome. But have you seen his pedal chain? All the times Ive seen and talked to him he used an Orange head and cab and multiple MD-2s and such. Hes also got a bad temper lol.

I don't think he ever used MD-2's. I think he used OD-2's. And I know for a fact he used an SL-X in the S/T and I'm guessing in the demos. But his pedalchain is pretty insane, but I think there's definitely some room for improvement on his rig, particularly his pedals. It baffles me why he hasn't bought head with an FX loop, with as many pedals as he uses.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
^ yeah when I first saw them live a few years ago he had two DS-2s. That was when he had his Orange head. There were only like 30 people at the show, and I was right infront of him the whole time. I was there with my band promoting a show we had the following night, and we went out there and talked to them for quite awhile. Too bad they had a show the next night too, otherwise I would have been able to play a show with em! Er, anyways, I talked to him about his gear for a good 10 minutes. He really knows what hes doing!

edit- nvm. they were DS-2s not MD-2s. I got em mixed up!
Synyster Gates = the most dissapointing live player ever. Rawr... all those string muters he wears.. I can't honestly see why people like his playing.

EDIT: Topic has kind of wandered off of Synyster and onto Thomas Erak.. I love his tone from F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X, that riff is killer.
Last edited by Matticuss22 at Sep 30, 2006,