Have to replace the saddle on my 12 string acoustic, is there a difference in sound between bone or plastic?
Definitely. You might want to get a Tusq nut though. They are a little bit dearer, but they don't have weak spots that normal bone does.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Definitely. You might want to get a Tusq nut though. They are a little bit dearer, but they don't have weak spots that normal bone does.

Tusq nuts are the balls and a half. (in a good way of course)
Bone is much MUCH better than plastic. The differance in tone when you choose differant saddle materials is a lot greater than you might think

Tusq vs bone is a bit more gray. I like the sound of bone better but I know lots of people that swear by tusq.
Not taking any online orders.
Brass on the nut brightens tone, but on the saddle... A brass saddle is a lot heavier that bone, or tusq and heavy dampens the high end and is typically thought of as a bad thing for an acoustic guitar.

For bright you want sheep bone if you can get it because sheep bone is very dence and dence equals bright. If you can't then it's hard to say if tusq or bone will be better. Most bone saddles are either camal or cow bone and some of this bone is dense and will be much brighter than tusq and some bone is not dense and will not be as bright as tusq.
Not taking any online orders.