hey i want to learn Acid Rain by dream theater but the only tabs i can find is on a 7 string guitar and i dont have 1. so i was wondering can a 7 string guitar tab be converted so i can play it on a 6 string?

any help would be good

Cheers
It can be converted, but it may make it harder/easier to play. But the sound might change a bit. To convert it, just look at all the notes that are played on the low B string and find where there played on the low E. You can look where they are played on other strings, but that will probably change the sound more then it would on the low E.
if you don't have to use the lower notes on the low b, then you're pretty good

but a 7 string wouldn't hurt

and it's by liquid tension experiment
oh liquid tension experiment. i got the tab from dream theater.. maybe its not even on a seven string
well the seventh string is a B string, so tune ur E string to B then ur A string to E then ur D string to A etc. :s probably won't even work
Quote by {me}
well the seventh string is a B string, so tune ur E string to B then ur A string to E then ur D string to A etc. :s probably won't even work

yeah, the strings would be pretty wobbly unless they're really heavy, but you could detune as much as possible, that might help with converting it
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
yeah liquid tension experiment tabs are 7 strings 2. and i cant afford a good 6 string guitar so a 7 string is not gonna happen!!! awsome song tho..
yea the song is definetly by liquid tension experiment and if definetly on a 7 string.
if u down tune the e to a b its not that loose i was using 9 - 42s and it was still ok. but the problem arises of playing high notes coz iff u downtune u have the problem of losing ur high ones.
unless it dosent use the highest notes on the high e
Quote by SOADrox429
yeah, the strings would be pretty wobbly unless they're really heavy, but you could detune as much as possible, that might help with converting it

If you down tune to B the strings will wobble so the best string gauge you can ue for something like that is like a 56 gauge E sting