Looking for a over drive pedal and i really want another digitech pedal. This is the perfect time to get one because i just got a valveking and looking for a heavier sound. What one do you think i should get?? Im going for a good mark morton / Willie adler sound. Thanks.
I absolutely love my Bad Monkey. It is amazing. It can do anything from a light crunch to a beautiful shimmering overdrive and is great for boosting up the overdrive on an amp, especially for rock of all sorts (aside from things like screamo)

I would choose the Bad Monkey anyday, but my advise is to go to your local music store or Guitar Center and try them out side by side. A nice feature on the BM is both Hi and Lo EQ knobs instead of just 1 tone knob. I actually like it better than a TS808 Tubescreamer.

CL
Gruntled is a word
If its the Boss Blues Driver, try that one Ive heard nothing but good reviews on that pedal, or the Boss Sd-1, Im about to buy my second one tommorow.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
look beyond the Bad Money and the Blues Driver. Ever heard of the Fulltone OCD? Look into Fulltone, Banzai, and Okko's El Diablo
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Within your two choices, though, I'd highly reccommend the Bad Monkey. I have one, running it through a fender blues jr, and it does a tremendous job in pushing the amp while retaining the warm, natural, "tube" tone. It's the only digitech overdrive/distortion I'd bother looking at. Either way, though, I think you'll be well set. Both are quality pedals for the starving artist.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Bad Monkey is vastly superior. On par with the Tube Screamer.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
The Blues Driver will get you a great classic rock/ hard blues tone, nothing heavier though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Or a MJM Blues Devil, if money isnt a problem get a Klon OD or a Zendrive or maybe even a Analogman King of Tone.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by elohssa
What one do you think i should get?? Im going for a good mark morton / Willie adler sound. Thanks.

i saw them in some guitar magazine, aren't they some heavy metal band?
Anyways, you should rely more on your amp's sound than you should your pedals. Check out the Lovepedal COT, or a hao rustdriver. Something to help you get a grindy, marshall sound. Then just set your amp right, and you should be good to go.
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv