ok well...ive been wanting to learn some songs that are mostly...bass instrumental but also have like...a kickin melody and also smoothing and flowing melody to it

any suggestions?

perferibly songs that i could play WITOUT a drummer or guitarist..
continuum by jaco pastorius

the vision by victor wooten
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
^ yeah Jaco stuff is great for that special alone time you need to have with your bass
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - Jaco

Anything streetlight manifesto, that guy makes the sickest basslines.
^ I saw Streetlight manifesto live, and have to completly disagree. If I recall properly, their bassist played 100% typical lines of the style, was very plain and not very innovative (not that sticking to the style is wrong, but, I think being a "bass machine" instead of a "bassist" {compare drum machine to drummer and maybe you'll get me} is), and also didn't move around at all during the live show.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
^ live concerts can be deceiving, just a disclaimer. i've seen my share of awesome bass players live, including flea and justin chancellor (tool), and it is definately difficult to pick up on what they're doing in a live atmosphere.

looking at their recorded stuff would actually be a better, u can rewind and junk. it takes atleast 30 listens to really get a proper feel for a song.