I got a valve king a few days ago. I have since to play it with a nice guitar but i can tell you this. It made my pedals sound 100x better... DAMN i love my digitech hyperphase now, thinking about getting a turbo flange if it sound just as good as this does now. it sounded really bad on my old crate, so i didnt even use it. sounds wicked with my dunlop fuzz pedal, danelectro fish and chips, and morley BH1 wah too. and my old digitech grunge pedal to LOL...
Last edited by elohssa at Sep 29, 2006,
O wait! lol i did play it through a good guitar.... I played it through my friends 40 year old Fender broad caster that his pop gave him when he died..... that thing does metal better then his ibanez lol..
\m/
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by elohssa
I got a valve king a few days ago. I have since to play it with a nice guitar but i can tell you this. It made my pedals sound 100x better... DAMN i love my digitech hyperphase now, thinking about getting a turbo flange if it sound just as good as this does now. it sounded really bad on my old crate, so i didnt even use it. sounds wicked with my dunlop fuzz pedal, danelectro fish and chips, and morley BH1 wah too. and my old digitech grunge pedal to LOL...

That's funny, I recently upgraded my Crate GX60 (ss) to the Valveking 112 also. I couldn't agree more! Makes the Crate sound thin, synthetic and tinny...
welcome to the club
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
another secret: stick really good tubes in it. it'll sound even better than before.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Right on, I felt the same when I got my Blues Jr.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Incredibly loud for what you'd think it'd be like.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Hells yeah, I have an all tube Fender. Makes the Roland Cube I had sound like crap. Plus tube amps are hella loud.

Once you go tube, there's no going back.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
im next to join the glorious world of tube amps, getting my carvin in a couple weeks...PUMPED
kinda off topic but has anyone gotten the billm mods for thier blues jr? I was thinking of getting them
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Quote by elohssa
^^^ I had the same amp! haha

It's hard to sell the Crate now. How do you sell something to someone when you view it as a "pile of junk" What do I say? "yeah, I bought a tube amp, and my other amp is a p.o.s. so I'll sell it to you"
Quote by rich_r31
It's hard to sell the Crate now. How do you sell something to someone when you view it as a "pile of junk" What do I say? "yeah, I bought a tube amp, and my other amp is a p.o.s. so I'll sell it to you"

sell it to someone who is just starting out. it does the job for them for the time being. sell it cheap too, no one can pass up a cheap amp...
'62 Stratocaster Reissue, Sunburst - Duncan Hotrails in Bridge
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Alpine white
Univox "Lucy", Clear Lucite Body
Schecter Pro Stragety
Crate - GX1200 - Half Stack - CRAP! SCREW Crate!
BOSS - DD5, GE7, MT2, DS1
^ or else sell it to a shop, and that way it's the shop ripping people off, not you...

you won't make as much, though... but it might salve your conscience.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if they are within your budget, look for NOS tubes.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail