How are the tuners on Fender Standard (MIM) Strats? Do they hold tune pretty well, or do they need changed?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
How are the tuners on Fender Standard (MIM) Strats? Do they hold tune pretty well, or do they need changed?

they are ok but if you try schallers or gotoh's you will see a big difference in the amount of time you need to tune up.
They're good, like your run of the mill tuners, though these (by fender) are deluxe worthy

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Schaller-Locking-Tuners?sku=361333

My sub had them on his custom strat, if you click view larger photo you'll see they look polished rather than chrome, but I like that a lot better
Locking tuners are a good upgrade, even if you don't use your trem. They're just easier and quite stable if used properly.
Hi, I'm Peter
Are new tuners a necessity though?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
Are new tuners a necessity though?

Nope, unless you use your trem quite a bit. Then the best way to get the most stability out of your Strat is locking tuners.
Hi, I'm Peter
Fender MIM tuners are great. They are manufactured by PING, which makes the best "economy" tuners that I know of. They do the job well and don't need to be changed, IMHO.

People are too paranoid about these things, replacing things that don't need replacing. Today, even the cheapest Chinese tuners can hold tune well enough to last through a set onstage, assuming you don't go crazy with the trem.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

^I have to say, the stock tuners on my Washburn WI14 are great. Yeah, they're Chinese made, but they're smooth and hold tune fine.

If Ping makes the best tuners for guitars in this price range, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Thanks for the info everyone!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar