Page 1 of 2
I'm starting to look into buying an electric guitar, one that suits the music that i enjoy.
Im really into pretty much any kind of metal, but im fond of hardcore/screamo/death metal. Which guitar would be better for this style of music?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mBGODdzzVw

Quote by fenderfreak101

And by "Talk to girls," I mean "There once was this tootally cool girl on Xbox Live and we chatted about what level Wizardgammot we are in D & D"
Yeah, as much as I love teles, they aren't suited to death metal. If you really love the tele look though, you could always go for the american double fat tele with two humbuckers. That would suit metal alot more.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
a telecaster is used primarily for lighter stuff. Unless you are John 5, id bet a les paul would suit you better.
Les Paul would suite you the best, but my buddy just got a Gibson Explorer, it plays 98% identical to his Les Paul but with a bit of a heavier tone to it, the 1% is for heavier tone, the other 1% is the price differential. Cheaper, and it doesn't have that annoying neck joint that will get in the way of your hand if you try to solo on the higher frets.
kk are there any others that you would suggest?
im not really into the bc rich look

Quote by fenderfreak101

And by "Talk to girls," I mean "There once was this tootally cool girl on Xbox Live and we chatted about what level Wizardgammot we are in D & D"
how about a MIM fat strat?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
tele has a twang to it, better for hard rock or heavy blues, LP has that fat body giving it gritty low end tone and lotsa crunch, ive seen metal played on a hollowbody electric, that'd sound cool...
Well neither of those guitars is really suited to the styles you play.

Maybe an esp or ibanez.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Les Paul
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Well, the Les Paul would fit your style but you can also get the double humbucker telecaster. Or maybe get hot rails.
Sent from my iPad.
ESP EX ftw!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
A LP or a Sg.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by Eric 666
Why in ****'s name would you get a Satriani for screamo/death/hardcore?..that's plain retarded IMO.

because its a good shred guitar most people who like metal have a big shred fascination.
you could get a schecter c-1. they sound like lps for less money. but if you are really set on one of those guitars, id say the les paul would be better.
Quote by vampwizzard
a telecaster is used primarily for lighter stuff. Unless you are John 5, id bet a les paul would suit you better.

I want a John 5 tele...

John 5
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.

Decide for yourself, and with that musical taste, you'd want somethin' that could handle more gain than an LP could.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get something made out of mahogany with a lot of mass to it. LPs, explorers, MLs. Get some high output pickups and you should be good to go. Think about the heaviest sounds ever created and chances are that it was done with a high-density mahogany guitar.
Don't follow the trends. Do what feels right.
neither they both suck for your type of music. either ibanez, gibson sg, strat, esp...etc. would be the best
Quote by hendrixmusicman
neither they both suck for your type of music. either ibanez, gibson sg, strat, esp...etc. would be the best

what is a good model of an ibanez?

Quote by fenderfreak101

That depends how much money you have to spend. Like I said before, you have to think high-density woods.
Don't follow the trends. Do what feels right.
ive decided on either the

ESP LTD KH-203

or the

ESP LTD EC400

and im going to get a Roland cube 60

EDIT: but is the EC400 worth like 200 more dollars just for mohagany?

Quote by fenderfreak101

nobody said anything about my fat strat idea
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by diablo_man
get an ibanez or a jackson

Win.

Quote by The Master Plan
A LP or a Sg.

Lose.
Quote by giorgio1210
nobody said anything about my fat strat idea

lol i googled it
and my comp froze

Quote by fenderfreak101

Page 1 of 2