So, I just got home from an Eric Clapton concert in Madison Square Garden.. I have to say, it was AMAZING. He's so great at the guitar. Not only him, but also that Robert Cray guy that's touring him, and his backup guitarists (I wish I knew their names.)

It was great how they took turns guitar soloing. The song lineup was just spectacular. They all gave great performances.

The message of this thread is.. Go to Clapton concerts while he's still alive and kickin'! I promise you, you won't regret it.
I'm pretty sure the back up guitarist was Derek Trucks, and, yes, he is amazing, along with Clapton and Cray. I had a chance to go to the concert here in MN, but just didn't have the $ to shell out. What songs did they do?
I would give a lot of things up to go see a Clapton concert.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
yeah clapton cray and trucks are all AMAZING. what id give to go to that concert...
what songs did they do?
Call me Jack
Eric Crapton... hahah... no clapton is cool though.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
yea i saw him in austria, didnt regret it. amazing line up, amazing guitarists. did you see how one of his guitarists was playing left handed with a guitar strung for right handers, as in his low e was close to his waist and the high e was up by his chest. that really entertained me, it was very interesting
I saw him in manchester, he plays perfect yes, but he is just soulless. I was thoroughly let down. But its to be expected his new album is shit.

I would much rather have watched an hour of Robert cray, who i thought was amazing.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
oh yes, i am going to the one in orlando on the 20th, what songs did he play and how long was the show?
Originally posted by SoFad
Guys, I'm in need of desperate help, it's been like 2 weeks since my last dump. I can't get there anymore

wow, good luck

Quote by MorelloMan1992

elephants.

buttsecks.

elephant buttsecks
I saw Clapton in Sweden this summer, and it was rather fantastic, he doesn't speak very much though :P, I don't think he said anything but introducing people who played solo, and sang of course. And the second guitarist who plays Albert King style is Doyle Bramhall II.

If you go see him, be sure to check out the drummer, that guy is purely amazing.
What is this, like the fourth thread about some kid who went to a Clapton concert? Use the search button for god's sakes.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428428&highlight=eric+clapton+concert

OR

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401106&highlight=eric+clapton+concert
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Sep 30, 2006,
ClappedOut should be supporting Cray and Trucks, not the other way around!
next tuesday
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
"that one guy who backed him"....

hahahaha

Robert Cray owns Clapton. As does Derek Trucks.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
I'm going to see him on Tuesday at the Garden in Boston. I absolutely can't wait. And you say Derek Trucks is there? That will totally complete a great night if he is
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
noway i'm seeing him in boston too on tuesday i can't wait
Last edited by ZoSo0305 at Sep 30, 2006,
Clapton and Trucks, that's not fair
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
It's be great to see him with Cream, but I don't like his solo stuff that much, it's a bit weak.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by SRV99
I'm pretty sure the back up guitarist was Derek Trucks, and, yes, he is amazing, along with Clapton and Cray. I had a chance to go to the concert here in MN, but just didn't have the $ to shell out. What songs did they do?

hey another minnesota UGer! i didnt have the cash for that show either. i wish i did though.