SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
Most people know me as a frequent poster, and i've made some good friendships off this site. More-so than post this in the Pit, I think it would be more effective in here to the people who actually feel like they somewhat know me.
For the past three months i've been suffering from a mysterious stomach ailment. Thinking it was just a phase, I shrugged it off and kept going on with my daily life. In the past month, it worsened. I was put on medication from treating the common stomach ulcer, non-effective, as I didn't have a stomach ulcer. Then, Acid Reflux Disease Medication, unfortunately, I didn't have that either. After 3 days in the hospital this week, and yesterday, having an endoscope (camera through the throat, into the stomach) performed, it's become evident that there was a much bigger illness. Somehow, by a miraculous act of God, or what-be-it, I, at 16 years old have been diagnosed with gastric cancer. It's almost unheard of to contract any kind of cancer before your mid-thirties, so it's shocking. Luckily, it's not at all life-threatening, but it will definetely limit my time on the computer and so-on. So if i'm not on here for awhile, you all will know why.

-Spencer
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
oh shyte mate, i'm so sorry to hear that. you're a cool dude... i hope you get good treatment and it all works out in the best way possible.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
sithian476
I prefer da white gold.
390 IQ
That's a shame that young man, I hope everything works out as perfectly as it can from the situation you're in.
mmmk.
"putnamehere"
Jazz and Metal Enthusiast
305 IQ
You posted this in the Pit...

But I still hope you get better man.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
dead_kennedy
995 IQ
best of luck, stay strong. i hope you have a quick recovery.
rites of nothing.
Disco Vietnam
Warlord Genghis Tron
2,900 IQ
Spencer, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers man and wish you a speedy recovery.
Andrewbiles
11,150 IQ
Oh ****, I thought this was just going to be a leaving thread that I'd have to close, but man. Hope you get through it quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Best of luck. Hopefully see you back saying you're over it in a couple of months.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
before
616 IQ
That sucks man, hope you get better soon! Im gonna miss your posts, you always know good bands lol.
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
**** bro... I've missed you around the forums. Seriously, I have.

That sucks so bad bro. Spence, I wish you all the best, and hope that all goes well for you.

Speak to you on AIM if I get the chance. Hold in bro.
SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
They let you pick the music to play in your hospital room, and i'm quite sure I was the only one in the hospital with "Start Today" playing.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
**** man, that **** is heavy. Hope things start to perk up a bit soon bro and that your treatment goes well.

On the brighter note, you should have seen the nurses when for my MRI scan I asked for Cryptopsy. It was a picture.

My new computer is here now so i'll be getting AIM ASAP. SPeak to you soon bro and hope you feel better.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
HOly ****, I just read some of the symptoms. I feel soooo bad for you dude. Best of luck with the treatments and what not.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by SilentSpectacle
They let you pick the music to play in your hospital room, and i'm quite sure I was the only one in the hospital with "Start Today" playing.

Sweet - I was listening to those all day today. Brightens up a family day out :P
jckido21
ultimate awesum kid
288 IQ
oh man ur like my hero guy that sux
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
My cousin who was 17 was diagnosed with an incredibly deadly type of cancer last year, and he went through treatment and is fine now.

Good luck, and I wish you the best, and hope you have a quick recovery.

Quote by SilentSpectacle

Yesss.

I think if I was in the hospital I'd put on some medical gore like Carcass or Aborted or something, just to be ironic.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Sep 30, 2006,
hatebreed219
663 IQ
Get well soon.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Panasonic Youth
Trivium ≠ Metallica
56 IQ
Wow, man. That's just horrible. I really don't know you, but no one deserves to go through that at such a young age. At least it's not deadly, though.

Aside from that, I noticed you're from Santa Barbara. Nice to see someone from near me (I'm from Oxnard, like 45 minutes away).
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
Think positive, at least its not life threatening and even though its an inconvenience now and it might hurt very much (I don't know the symptoms or the effects at all), stay strong and positive and you'll be through it in no time. Don't let it get you down is the best way. That said, like everyone I wish you a speedy recovery man. Get well soon and all the best.
ThisPerishedMin
UG Board King
423 IQ
**** spencer. thats not any good. i havent hit you up on aim in forever and now i really feel like i outta. take care of yourself and best wishes in getting better.

youll be in thoughts and prayers.

later on man
emokid182
282 IQ
yeah bro, I'll deffinatly be praying for you.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
LPIndin
Dick In Your Butt?
751 IQ
that sucks man. my best friend passed away from cancer last year so i know how this is. good thing its not life threatening. get better soon man.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

SilentSpectacle
.'_;.'./)'
5,781 IQ
Quote by Craigo

Bleh, ****ty font etc I know... But.

Get well soon any bro.

hahahahh! That's definetely more of like,
"Stay positive! At least you aren't taking it in the ass like this guy!"
even though that picture is of me....

On a lighter note, it looks like most of my treatment will be done locally and at home. Santa Barbara has quite the good hospital system. Today was alright, the usual throwing up but I actually ate a full meal which I hadn't in about a month.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
XMeatHookMartyX
Face Melter
601 IQ
I think you're a solid dude, so I actually mean it when I say that I really hope things get better. It's a terrible thing.

STAY POSI
Craigo
UG Spammer
4,396 IQ
Quote by SilentSpectacle
hahahahh! That's definetely more of like,
"Stay positive! At least you aren't taking it in the ass like this guy!"
even though that picture is of me....

On a lighter note, it looks like most of my treatment will be done locally and at home. Santa Barbara has quite the good hospital system. Today was alright, the usual throwing up but I actually ate a full meal which I hadn't in about a month.

Sweet dude. You should come on AIM some time; I'm only going online now for you. Seriously, talking on MSN to some guys, they all wanna do the same.
Gomorrah
Dissertation 14
577 IQ
****s weak man. Good luck with the treatment and I hope all works out well.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
ill definately be praying for you, thats awful that you have to go through that, but yeah get well soon man
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
mr.joopy987
One guy, four eyes
342 IQ
That sucks man. It's good that it's not life threatening, and that you have to travel far for treatment. Get well soon.
maxisit
36 IQ
Ya my friend Hillary who's also 16 had some kind of throat cancer.
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by hXcMacbeth3
ill definately be praying for you, thats awful that you have to go through that, but yeah get well soon man

I couldn't have said it better. Stay positive.
STRAT811
Commander Cool
1,253 IQ
Quote by SilentSpectacle

Haha, that's my boy! Good luck, stay strong. I'll miss your posts.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
benchiefjr
UG's Metalcore Guitarist
217 IQ
Hope you get better soon. Glad to see you're being upbeat about it, thats the best thing to do. You will persevere, because I said so!
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
laid_to_waste
UG Newbie
30 IQ
Good luck with everything man, we all wish you the quickest of recoveries
I am a breathing Time Machine!