Hi all,

I am a complete novice, looking for advice on next guitar to buy. I just started out with and Ibanez GRX40 which I kinda like the feel of, neck seems about right, but then again I have nothing to compare it too.

I want to get something that is fairly decent and will last me a long time. I have pretty much worked out that I don't want a trem since at the moment I don't have much use for it and prefer to keep things simple. I also like to play with effects and stuff so I figure I can add trem in later with a peddle for if I need it. I play heavy-ish metal, mostly Audioslave at the moment and I like a heavy, bassy full tone type sound. I have a Zoom Fire-36 amp. I want something that meets the following:

1) Good for soloing.
2) Good for rhythm.
3) Good for shredding.
4) Heavy, full tone.
5) Fast neck.
6) Active EMGs.
....I like the look of the F-500.

Question is: Will the ESP LTD F-500 fit this bill? Is it more suited to metal rhythm guitar than soloing/shredding? ..and if so why? Part of the issue is I don't yet have enough experience to know what makes a guitar good for different playing styles i.e. rhythm vs soloing, and I guess I need an all-rounder. I would rather not spend a load of money now and end up limiting my playing style and development. Would something like ESP LTD MH-400NT be better? I have tried and F-500 in the shop and it feels good, but as I say, I think I don't really have enough experience to know yet

Also, anyone know where I can find out the neck measurements for ESP guitars? Can't find them on the site.

Best free guitar content site on the net: http://www.freelicks.net FreeLicks Guitar Lessons - free video, TAB, backing tracks

B)
Last edited by buttmonk at Sep 30, 2006,
I've never heard of an F-500 Anyways, I'd say check out the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. It's suited for basically everything you listen.

EDIT: Just checked them out, that's a pretty sweet looking guitar. But still, I'd say keep the Schecter in mind.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by ibaRGnez321
I've never heard of an F-500 Anyways, I'd say check out the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. It's suited for basically everything you listen.

EDIT: Just checked them out, that's a pretty sweet looking guitar. But still, I'd say keep the Schecter in mind.

they are the 30th anniversary guitars but since they were so popular LTD decided to release as just normal models