hello

i would liek to take music for gsce and i was wondering what u need to be able to take it. I've been playing for under a year however its a year till i start gcse (im in year 9)

Also i want to know whether it is difficult to read sheet music onto a guitar. I used to play piano and i foudn that sheet music to be easy to read onto a piano however i was wodnerign whether it is difficult to read onto a guitar. I was also wodnering whether it is worth it. I thought it might be worth because then i would be able to play alot more

thanks
I just started a music class three weeks ago and I learned sheet music in about five days. I'm still not the fastest but I'm gettin' there.
You should be fine with learning sheet music. Aswell as that, you notice little things about the music that you may have never noticed before.
Hope this helps.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
u dont need to sight read or anything, you just need to understand how treble clef (and possibly bass clef) work, and be able to know what notes are where on the staff
You need to be around Grade 5 standard to get an A for performing at GCSE (don't ask me how good this is, 'cause honestly I don't know).

Being able to read sheet music isn't compulsory, but it helps a bit. On my exam board there was a question with notation, but other than that it's not needed.

And I believe that reading sheet music is harder for guitar than for piano, but should be quite doable. I don't use it personally, though I can read it if given enough time.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
You need to be around Grade 5 standard to get an A for performing at GCSE (don't ask me how good this is, 'cause honestly I don't know).

In the GCSEs I'm taking now that is not the case
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by loonyguitarist

In the GCSEs I'm taking now that is not the case
25% of the examination is down to Perfomance in which marks are scored out of 30. If you do a piece which is above Grade Four, you get a difficulty multiplier which adds 3 points
If you do a piece below Grade Four you get minus 3 points I think.
The other 75% of the exam is down to composition, theory etc.
So don't worry about your exam, just make sure you do a piece which you are comfortable with and revise!

(Oh and the piece which you perform HAS to be written work in a book, not just some tab of the net)
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
I found that you didnt need to know anything about general music theory for GCSE, its when you hit A/S level (*sigh*) that everything is based on theory. About the performing pieces, just find one song that you're finding pretty hard at about year 10, then work on it solidly for the 2 years until its like note perfect, i played nothing else matters-metallica... ridiculously easy song, but i played it note perfect..... needless to say i came out with an A...