ive been playing electric guitar for almost 3 years now but ive just moved and my new teacher is making me start classical.

will it help my playing ability that much?
is important in developing my skills?
Learning classical is great because it gets you to read music aswell as learn to improvise and be able to play awkward runs etc with ease if you stick with it
Then again if all you want to be able to do is play powerchords and crap theres no real point
ok thats cool but will it not compromise my picking as hes teaching me fingerpicking aswell?
Quote by erotic_snails
ok thats cool but will it not compromise my picking as hes teaching me fingerpicking aswell?

If you're going to be playing both, then of course not. It would only affect your picking if you gave up completely on electric and started to only play classical.
Ya, finger picking is an awesome skill to be able to have. Some of the best songs are fingerpicked. But you will be able to do both, like myself, if you practice both.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help