I am going to buy a BC Rich Warlock in the near future and will want to replace the bridge pickup. I am thinking about getting an EMG but i am not experienced with the different tones of pickups. I play a lot of Slayer and Cannibal Corpse. What pickup would work best with these type of songs? Thanks
(a) which bc rich?

(b) what's your amp?

(c) what's your budget (for the guitar, and then for the amp?)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
www.emginc.com

I recommend the 51 Active Humbucker for a bridge, they are great.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Last edited by skateguitar7654 at Sep 30, 2006,
I'm going to buy the NJ Neck-Thru Series Warlock. I have a Marshall MG250dfx which i use a Line 6 Uber Metal and Boss EQ pedal through.
Attachments:
njnt-warlock.jpg
85 in the neck and 81 in the bridge. then you have the kerry king/zakk wylde setup it is the most popular emg setup! i have it and trust me u wont regret!for what you play!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Upgrade your amp first.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
That's a pretty good guitar but I'd upgrade your amp before you worry about pickups.

And if you get active pickups both your pickups have to be active, you can't really just get an active for the bridge and leave the neck passive.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Price Range?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
^ ditto.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can't afford a bigger amp. If i were to upgrade then i'd probably go for a Mesa Rectifier but i can't afford something like that yet.
^ (a) if you do without the guitar you could afford a decent amp.

(b) you don't have to go to a mesa rectifier's price to get a good amp. mesa cost about half what they do here in the USA, where they're made. what does this mean? you're paying over the odds for a mesa in the UK, and I'd only recommend one if that's the exact tone you want. If you just want a good tone, and it doesn't have to sound exactly like a recto, you can get an amp as good for about half the price.

and ones nearly as good for about £700-£800.

any of which will be like night or day compared to your mg.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?