Alright, although i'm not a fan of a7x, i'm wondering how he got that metallic/clanky tone?
Sounds like there's some chorus and distortion in there. Does anyone know what the EQ and distortion (if any..) settings would look like?
Thanks in advance

(The tone i'm talking about is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ_jVNTLXgY&NR )
just raise the bass to to your liking, cut the mid and whack up the treble to max
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
double humbucker musicman stingray and a pick attacking pretty agressively. that tone seams pretty clean to me, so dont think theres any distortion or chorus. ive seen him live.
GK RB1001 or 2001 head, I forget which. Whichever it he uses two of them, GK Neo 4x12 cabs, Musicman single and double humbucker basses.

When I had a GK Backline 115 combo I got a good scooped/metallica sound by setting the all the EQ to 5, then the boosted the treble to 6 or 7 with full contour (mid scoop). I'd use something like that, maybe boost the high mids a little and drop your bass and low mids. Obviously he's picking and I'm sure he has more gear behind the stage with his rig, preamp maybe.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
some chorus. chorus pedals can be set to enhance the sound and can make it a bit metallic like too. it isn't that dramatic. it sounds like. just enough to enhance the tone and make it fuller.

but his playing style contributes to his sound. and it is prob all EQ set to 5. with treble set up some.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
Socko, just wondering did Johnny Christ switch back to fingers when he was playing old songs from Waking The Fallen, bcause when I saw him he kept switching from fingers to pick and back
Although I dont know specifically the tone you're looking for, the "metallic/clanky" is all about highs & hi-mids. To get the effect of boosting them, I'd keep your lows normal so it doesnt suck but cut out the low mids, then raise the highs 2 or 3 and raise the hi-mids 2 or 3.

i.e.
Lows 5
Low mids 2/3
High mids 7/8
Highs 7/8

that's what I do for "clanky". I used to like the metallic clanky sound... I don't anymore. lol
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by h0d0g
Socko, just wondering did Johnny Christ switch back to fingers when he was playing old songs from Waking The Fallen, bcause when I saw him he kept switching from fingers to pick and back

honestly man, johnny kept pretty close to the drummer and really wasnt noticeable at all, even tho i was right up against the rail for the second half of the show. they only played 3 songs from waking the fallen and it looked like he used a pick for most of it. i have seen videos of him using fingers, he might be making the gradual switch over to pick only. i can't say i noticed him using his fingers.

and also, he used only the double humbucker MM's for the show i saw.