Hello all i am a true green day fan back from the old east bay scene.. ive been liking them since slappy hours and even saw them as sweet children.. now im wondering are there any other true fans who are not american idiot posers? because that would make me so happy and would still have hope... because now american idiot came out people love them so much and are going back to their old albums and calling themselves real fans, only because of american idiot...

just answer this one question........

ARE THERE ANY TRUE, VINTAGE, GREEN DAY FANS HERE???
I hate those posers. I heard greenday's new songs but really kind of hated them. My uncle who's been a huge fan for a long time lemme borrow Dookie and it was OK. American Idiot sucks though. I don't really like GD much. But if their next album is the complete opposite like they say then I might consider.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
well its unfair to say that because i didnt even hear of green day untill a month or so before American Idiot came out, it depends when people hear them 1st isnt it. But i loved them an i thought they had stoped or sumat. Then when i saw the album in a store i thought hang on i like these and bought it. And then i loved them even more lol.
I like all their early stuff aswell ended up buyin most ov their albums and nearly every song is great some are not so good, but i geus its just depends what you like, their live shows though are brilliant. And Tre Cool ****in rocks hes brilliant just amazin unique....i duno......
So you're saying you went to their concert before you were 5?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
No offense, but you sound like a bit of a snob to me.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
um dude... how do you know my age???

you actullay think thats my real birth date??

and andrew, if you think thats my real age, you dont know me man..
Last edited by BassSurfer at Sep 30, 2006,
I was born in 1990, so I can't say I was a fan back in the day. I remember hearing Brain Stew and Good Riddance on the radio when I was younger, and that's kinda how I got into them. I own everything from 1039SOSHs to American Idiot. I really don't listen to them as much anymore though.
msot of the time when i see people listenin to green days music i think of them as posers jsut cause they were popular but i do knwo that there are astill true green day fans... ive liked them til their newest album came out, then they jsut became annoying with so many posers, but i jsut like their albums before this anyways, maybe a selecct 1 or 2 on their new album
Do you, you, feel like I do?
I got into Green Day way before American Idiot, and listened to the old albums since then. I also actually liked American Idiot. But why are you ripping on these people. So they found a band they like, and they want more music. They can't even call themselves a fan because they've only liked them since American Idiot? You're kind of an asshole for saying that.

Quote by nubular
msot of the time when i see people listenin to green days music i think of them as posers jsut cause they were popular

Wait, under your "favorite groups" it says, "blink,billy talent, chiodos." Seems like by your criteria you must be a poser too.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Sep 30, 2006,
me? no its jsut like, i knwo what ur saying and i agree dont get me wrong, like u seem to have, its jsut where i live and like in my school they are liek nono ive liked them forever when they only know american idiot, im nto saying its wrong for them to liek american idiot, im just sayin like they are jsut tryin to make up all this **** about them liek stuff liek that.... when they havnt
Do you, you, feel like I do?
Liking Blink isn't being a poser. Their not the best and yeah they can be somewhat overrated but they're good. Their not rip offs like GD they have thier own style.
Ballz On Parade
Quote by hardrock1315
I got into Green Day way before American Idiot, and listened to the old albums since then. I also actually liked American Idiot. But why are you ripping on these people. So they found a band they like, and they want more music. They can't even call themselves a fan because they've only liked them since American Idiot? You're kind of an asshole for saying that.

Wait, under your "favorite groups" it says, "blink,billy talent, chiodos." Seems like by your criteria you must be a poser too.

im not a asshole... im stating my opionon and it makes me soo mad so calm yourself down buddy.. im just so sick of this american idiot posers
Quote by BassSurfer

why would you pretend your younger. whats to gain, a bus pass. I think someone has been telling porkies, just admit it you only liked american idiot, but want to pretend your
a "vintage" fan. Dont worry i do it with the chillis.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
why would you pretend your younger. whats to gain, a bus pass. I think someone has been telling porkies, just admit it you only liked american idiot, but want to pretend your
a "vintage" fan. Dont worry i do it with the chillis.

i dont post my real age man, seriously calm yourself down you dont know who i am so stop thinking your right all the time..
Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
I'm afraid that being a true fan has nothing to do with when you were born.

Sorry.

true, but i liked them since slappy hours, so therefore im a true fan and been listening to the ever since and supporting them, now i feel embarrsed when i tell people i went to a green day show cause of all these posers and fake fans..
Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
I'm afraid that being a true fan has nothing to do with when you were born.

Sorry.

Yh kinda hard to appreciate music when your 5 tho isnt it.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Yh kinda hard to appreciate music when your 5 tho isnt it.

soccer mom.. once again i dont post my real age..... you think you know everything.. but you dont cause you have no idea who i am..
Quote by BassSurfer
true, but i liked them since slappy hours, so therefore im a true fan and been listening to the ever since and supporting them, now i feel embarrsed when i tell people i went to a green day show cause of all these posers and fake fans..

I think people who are worried about being seen as "true fans" are posers.
Isn't listening to the music enough?
And I seriously doubt that the band themselves have any objections to the tonnes of new fans they have.
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Quote by BassSurfer
soccer mom.. once again i dont post my real age..... you think you know everything.. but you dont cause you have no idea who i am..

ok whatver, but just cos you were not round at that point, why cant you go back and appreciate it. And i dont think the people who go to green day gig are posers, lets face it, if you wanted to look cool you wouldnt go to a green day gig. Posers are the ones that say they like morbid death just to look like they have a wide taste in music and are proper metal. I think the people who g to a green day gigs are true fans,because it takes guts, if anyone in my school said that they liked green day they would probably be stoned. So yh have to have respect and come on if it was only "Vintage" fans going to gigs, you would have no easy hot emo girls to take advantage of afterwards. SO be thankful. AND its not like greend day have remained faithful to there old sound. Just have to look at thier image to see that. Eyeshadows and bush baiting
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
Quote by BassSurfer

Well, I don't know you, I could've told you that when I first looked at this thread. The majority of people on this site tend to post their real DOB, or at least close to it, unless they're under 12 (I think that's the age you don't "need" parents permission on this site to sign up), so its slightly strange. And the fact that the other things you've written under your profile say, "Bass SURFING chicks" and, "Student Still =) lol" would also give the impression that you are that age or younger. So unless you're lying, I actually find that quite creepy now.

And no, "but i liked them since slappy hours, so therefore im a true fan" doesn't make you a true fan, you could hate them. You could've liked them since 'Nimrod' and there's nothing to say that you're not a true GD fan, you're just trying to state that you've been listening to them from the start and therefore have been a fan for longer.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Green day is ok. ive been listening for a few albums but nobody given them rep in a long time, the American idiot came along and BOOM theyr stars again. ive never really been a fan though....
Does it really matter your age though?
Ballz On Parade
that's stupid. i like a lot of bands from the 60's and 70's. are you saying i'm not really a fan because i wasn't around then, and didn't find out about the bands until the 80's or 90's? nice logic.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
I consider myself a true fan, even though the first album I got was American Idiot. After I got that, I went and bought some of thier old stuff and now it's all I listen to. I think it's kinda unfair how you think, unless someone knew of them before AI, they aren't a true fan. I mean I would have loved their older stuff if I had heard it when it first came out, I just wasn't allowed to listen to stuff like that. I mean, I will grant you, they're some AI posers that like them just because they're popular now, but not everyone that got hooked on them through AI is a poser. I love all of their stuff, just not AI, that should mean something. It's not about the timing. Just because you liked them before I did, does not make you the better fan or me a poser.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
So, yes. They are still some true Green Day fans, and I'm one of them.
And I love feelin' cheap
wow you guys are real serious making these huge posts about my own opinon and getting all into it... all i asked was are there anymore gd fans back from the day.... ffs
Quote by BassSurfer
Hello all i am a true green day fan back from the old east bay scene.. ive been liking them since slappy hours and even saw them as sweet children.. now im wondering are there any other true fans who are not american idiot posers? because that would make me so happy and would still have hope... because now american idiot came out people love them so much and are going back to their old albums and calling themselves real fans, only because of american idiot...

just answer this one question........

ARE THERE ANY TRUE, VINTAGE, GREEN DAY FANS HERE???

Well, I'm 15, so not old enough to be around for SOSH, but I was raised on Kerplunk! on, since I was 2-ish, so I've pretty much loved them forever, or as close to it as I can get. And just because someone got into Green Day through A.I. doesn't necessarily mean they're posers or anything, though unfortunately, that is the case
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that,", and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Well, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed at the next zebra crossing.
My music
Quote by sTjImMy83091
Well, I'm 15, so not old enough to be around for SOSH, but I was raised on Kerplunk! on, since I was 2-ish, so I've pretty much loved them forever, or as close to it as I can get. And just because someone got into Green Day through A.I. doesn't necessarily mean they're posers or anything, though unfortunately, that is the case

yeah thats cool man =) just askin if theres any real fans and you have the immature people bashing me over a simple question......
Well, it was a good question, until you went and stuck your head up your ass.
And I love feelin' cheap