Hello
I undertsnad this is like my 1000th thread on this forum but this will be either my last or 2nd last for a while now

This is a 3 part thread. I undrstand part 2 is supposed to be in 'guitar customizing and building' forum but i just want to make one thread.
any way

Part1

I have some questions about amps

I ply metal, blues, classic rock etc So i play a large variety. O yes and it can be a 50 watt or 100 watt

In preivous posts i have been told the marshall dsl, jcm 800 and jcm 900 are best for me.
I was wondering whether its worth paying more for the jcm 800 than the 900. Are they more or less the same. Which one is the best quality for the money. Is the dsl more or less the same to those two. Should i save up a bit more for one of the jcm's

Is it better to have a good guitar or to have a better amp?
And finally ive asked this question a few time but no ones ever answered me. Are there any BETTER amps out there.

Part 2
For christmas i will be buying a new guitar. I have the option of going expensive or going cheap to conserve money for an amp ( if some could answer the question aboout better amp or better guiytar id be able to decide).

Any way the cheap guitar has wilkinson pickups. Are these good. If they are not shoudl i buy better ones. Are there nay good pickups for under 100 pounds that would be alot better than wilkonson pickups. Is it a difficult taks to replace pickups.

Part 3

FX

Ive been told to go single FX. However hoping to buy a jcm or dsl in just over a year is it worth buying them.

Ive found the line6 uber metal and from what ive heard its quality. How ever as you have heard from one of my other sections I play a large variation of music, would it then be worth getting the marshall guvnor aswell. Are the uber metal and guvnor any good

O yes im also looking to buy the vox v848 any better wahs out there for that cost. i wanna true bypass.

Thanks alot if u can help me out or if you have laready helped me out,
krieg
If you play metal the JCM 800 would great.

IMO, its better to have a a good amp, because amps cost more.

Get a Schecter. and go for a more expensive amp.

Single Effects Are Better.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
If you're going to get something like a JCM or DSL for an amp, then why are you buying a distortion pedal??? it completely destroys the tube qualities that you're paying for in the first place... plus im pretty sure the DSL will have enough gain for your metal needs anyway.
Why the hell do you want a shitty metal pedal when you'll have the amp to do it?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
For some, Metal is SOAD, for others it's Metallica, and there's Trivium, Opeth, COB...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
nononno i mena im goin to start saving up for one of those good amps. The distortion pedals r because i have an mg at them o and will have for the next year
^Don't, it will set you back (not by alot, but with that money, you could buy a better pedal)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ehhh, I'd say the DSL's are similar to JCM900's in terms of tone. They're a bit more modern voiced and the cleans aren't nearly as good as the 4100/4500 JCM900. But IMO, you can fix that with an EQ pedal, a Sonic Maximizer and a re-tube.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
If you get JCM800, a pedal is a must for Metal, as its gain is not as high as 900/2000
But its tone is beter than those.
1981 Marshall JCM800 2203
Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier 2 Channel
Sobbat Drive Breaker 1
Quote by zenjirou
If you get JCM800, a pedal is a must for Metal, as its gain is not as high as 900/2000
But its tone is beter than those.

Says you i think the 800 is great for metal with out a pedal. unless your going for that numetal tone thats just mud and you need your gain at 45 the 800 has plenty of gain.

you gotta think alot of bands with real heavy distortion use the 800.

BLS, Mastodon, Dave Mustaine, Old Metallica, the list goes on and on
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Zakk wylde boosts his...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
im pretty sure he only uses the boost for solos but i may be wrong
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
besides that he cranks his amps. but regardless the 800 is a ****ing nice amp. if oy uhave to get one, get one of the first years, if possible.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel