It's all in the title. What (in your opinion) is the best LP knockoff for the price (as is, without changing pickups, modding, etc.) and why?

CL
Gruntled is a word
I've played one of those and I think I'm in love, but unfortunately, I don't have the money to purchase one

Have suggestions on a more budget mined option?

CL
Gruntled is a word
i like epiphones but i don't even know if you consider them a knock off lp if they're owned by gibson or whatever
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
Quote by CortLegacy
I've played one of those and I think I'm in love, but unfortunately, I don't have the money to purchase one

Have suggestions on a more budget mined option?

CL

im sorry but just to help with some G.A.S problems

sorry mate thats all for now
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
im sorry but just to help with some G.A.S problems

sorry mate thats all for now

you seem proud of that guitar, posting those pics everywhere
(and you're damn right to be proud of it too )

threadstarter : if you live in Europe, check out the Fame "The Paul".
cmon JorisBlack i am damn proud money well spend and ts since you love cort guitars (i own one myself) check out their take on it they got some pretty good models
agile 2500 and up (but id say if you're gonna get an agile, get no less than the 3000)
Good suggestions. I can't afford the Z-Custom, but the Agiles look somewhat interesting. More ideas?

CL
Gruntled is a word
Tradition S20. You can ususally find them on e-bay around $200.
Stock, deep powerful. Sounds like any LP I've ever played. Production values are really high. Ive never run into a "bad" Tradition. I own 3.
I saw one on ebay for $450 BIN, but I'll keep looking. Thanks.
Gruntled is a word
Edwards...

Since im not a big LP guy I think I'm going to get one of them rather then the real deal, how about the Jimmy Page Sig...

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

yeh Edwards are ****ing awesome they are above the LTD Deluxe line and below the ESP Standard Series line plus the prices are cheap
Decent epi's are the kings of Gibson Knock-offs/recreations. I believe they are the best you can get without going all the way.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
inhumandecency: The Kramer's look interesting. Do you have experience with them?
Gruntled is a word
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh Edwards are ****ing awesome they are above the LTD Deluxe line and below the ESP Standard Series line plus the prices are cheap

I swear I'm going to own their JP les paul copy...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

No I don't have any experience with the Kramers. They look like an awesome value though. I'm strongly considering buying one.
I just got a ibanez les paul copy from the 70s, mimics a gibson, beautiful top, great pickups, stays in tune really well, it cost me 600 but it came with a hardshell case.
i just got a Epi LP Custom used for $400 at a local music store. it plays just like a lower end Gibson LP... search around at music shops, pawn shops, whatever
'62 Stratocaster Reissue, Sunburst - Duncan Hotrails in Bridge
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Alpine white
Univox "Lucy", Clear Lucite Body
Schecter Pro Stragety
Crate - GX1200 - Half Stack - CRAP! SCREW Crate!
BOSS - DD5, GE7, MT2, DS1
I've heard sound track from Agile LP's and they own for their price range. I'd reccommend you try one, you may love it.
Quote by Metallica32791
I just got a ibanez les paul copy from the 70s, mimics a gibson, beautiful top, great pickups, stays in tune really well, it cost me 600 but it came with a hardshell case.

Those are excellent guitars. Ibanez even got sued because they are so close to the real thing.
Don't follow the trends. Do what feels right.
Well, unfortunately I won't be able to try an Agile, but I will check out the Jay Tursers.
Gruntled is a word
Quote by Cmogi10

sweet mate theyre bloody awesome and you should try to get one asap you wont regret it and im gonna be being one of them asap myself as well
Well, I recommend the Agile above all mainly because of the quality you're getting when you think of how cheap in price they are. If now those maybe an Epiphone or some of the above suggestions that catch your interest.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
sweet mate theyre bloody awesome and you should try to get one asap you wont regret it and im gonna be being one of them asap myself as well

Yeahh, once my pedalboard is officially done I will be working on that...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by Cmogi10

link?
'62 Stratocaster Reissue, Sunburst - Duncan Hotrails in Bridge
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Alpine white
Univox "Lucy", Clear Lucite Body
Schecter Pro Stragety
Crate - GX1200 - Half Stack - CRAP! SCREW Crate!
BOSS - DD5, GE7, MT2, DS1
I suppose it depends on how much you have to spend.

Around $800 Edwards are tops. Great guitars, well made, no mods required. Burny makes a great copy too.
$500 or so, Agile AL-2000 or 3000 and upgrade all the electronics (pickups, jacks, switches, pots)
$300 AL-2000 stock or Dean EVO Noir. Both are good starters that at some point you could upgrade.

IMHO the AL-3000 with upgrades is a great way to go. I have one and it's a great playing/sounding guitar, now. However if I had the money I wouldn't hesitate over an Edwards or Burny.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I hear the Tokai love rocks are extremely good as well, though i have not read any comparisons between theirs and edwards.
The Japanes Tokai are great, but getting hard to find. The Korean ones should be avoided.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I bought an Agile AL-2000 Black Beauty last year and love it - want to change pickups in the near future but just because I'm bored - the stock ones sound OK... And actually it feels and plays like a much more expensive Ax. I'd recommend an Agile or Edwards - I never played an Edwards but hear good things about them. I had a few Gibson's in the 70's & 80's but the prices are just too damn high nowadays and @ 54 years old can't see spending thousands for something just to chunk on in the evenings and weekends. I have 4 amps (2 tube and 2 SS) and my Agile sounds sweet through all of em'. Was going to get a microcube but never did as I found 2 vintage tube amps on Ebay and along with my Zoom G2 and the 2 SS amps I can basically get all the sounds I really want...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!