Page 1 of 2
(I know many of you dont like them so dont voice your opinion about them please, that is not the purpose of this thread)

Im on a journey to find a decent amp and my marshall isnt cutting it. Ive been pondering lately what brand does A7X actually use. Im trying to decide what amp I should get since Im influenced by Avenged. But they have so many Im not sure which is it that they mainly use.

Is it Bogner? Krank? Ubershall? Mesaboogie? God dammit, at first I thought it was krank so my happy ass went to the nearest store and asked for it. Now they say mesa and now to date its bogner. So which is it then? Hell about about to give up and just get a peavey or something. If you guys have/played with any of these brands a critique about them would be appreciated. I dont have much time to personally check each and every feature. Also, state the model which they use (guitarists) if you know. Thanks you guys.
check their website- a lot of bands list their gear there... especially because they're sponsored by the people who make it.
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
They support Line6 and stuff and say they use them, but I doubt they do becuase to be frank line6's suck.
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
i always thought they used the Bogner Uberschall but are moving to Mesa Boogie gear because Bogner arent giving them free gear
90% sure they use Mesa dual Rectifiers. Mainly because about 70% of all metal/core guitarists use them. Cant really go wrong with that decision either.
they used bogners on the recorded tones. plain and simple.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
They use bogner's, but they said they will switch to Dual Rectos, thats what they said on Guitar Player!
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Just go out and buy the most expensive thing out there, and you get a7x's sound.

I want free gear too
#%$^!)*H)QWBETYHQ%!%&!*&^&

FARK!!!

its the album tone that people want, what amps did they use on the album? BOGNERS!!!

why the hell on earth does it matter if they changed amps AFTER the album was recorded???
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
no they use Dual Rectifiers now as far as i know, but I would get a Mark IV its so much better IMO

****EDIT, ignore this, sorry, what the hell did i say...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
Last edited by supermc at Sep 30, 2006,
^aaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ sorry lol
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
*inhales*
*exhales*
*inhales*
*exhales*
its fine. recommending the Mark IV made up for it
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeah i heard they were switching back to mesa's because the bogner gear was to hard to replace when on tour, and bogner didn't help em out thres an article on ug about it.

butt i heard somethin about them using the new kranks but thats just a rumor, im pretty sure they're going back to mesas which they used on STST and im pretty sure waking the falling. city of evil was bogner
Quote by joel_grieve
#%$^!)*H)QWBETYHQ%!%&!*&^&

FARK!!!

its the album tone that people want, what amps did they use on the album? BOGNERS!!!

why the hell on earth does it matter if they changed amps AFTER the album was recorded???

only used bogners on city of evil im pretty sure
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i always thought they used the Bogner Uberschall but are moving to Mesa Boogie gear because Bogner arent giving them free gear

They did use Bogner and are moving to Mesa. It was in an interview that was on the mainpage one day.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
o yeah they both use schecters, you can find em on the schecter website. but the ones they have on the schecter site are slightly different because syn uses custom invader pickups live, and the one on the schecter website just comes with normal invaders which are still nice.

and if youve seen older vids of them syn has used a fr hellraiser
recorded tones are almost impossilbe to emulate completely because during the recording process they usually double up guitars are varying tones and mix them together. I ****in kid you not. I would recomend the bogners to get the closest effect though, and for anyoen who actually read the interview properly, they are switching to mesa's becuase bogner isnt widely available, so when they are in some weird country doing a gig, they cant get bogner amps there, so in order to play their proper gear, they'd have to ship it overseas with them, which is killer. Bogner didnt treat them like proper endorsers, it's not about the free ****, its the availablility. Get your **** right.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Thanks you guys. I also just recently bought the Schecter Hellraiser FR, and I must say "F*ckin Beautiful" so guess Im gettin a Bogner then!

Quote by epiguitar77
butt i heard somethin about them using the new kranks but thats just a rumor, im pretty sure they're going back to mesas which they used on STST and im pretty sure waking the falling. city of evil was bogner

I checked the Krank Web site under artist. Says Avenged does use Krank, or some sh*t like that. They have their picture with the amp and everything.
Last edited by The Prophet at Oct 7, 2006,
^Instead of a Krank, why not a Mesa Boogie Mark IV?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i know zackys full set up

Schecter S-1 Guitars (Pro, Elite, Blackjack)
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss RV-5 Reverb
Bogner Ubershall Head and 4x12 Cab
Ernie Ball 2215 Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Strings
Last edited by Creature5 at Oct 8, 2006,
Schecter C-1 FR (White Seymour Duncan Invader Humbuckers, Dot Inlays)
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby From Hell Wah Pedal
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Visual Sound H20 Chorus/Echo Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compressor
Boss RV-5 Reverb
Boss SD-1 Overdrive (For Leads)
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Frantone "The Sweet"
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2
GCX guitar Audio switcher
DMC Ground Control Pro (Located on floor for Pedal Switching)
Bogner Ubershall Head and 4x12 Cab
Ernie Ball 2215 Skinny top Heavy Bottom Strings
ya a bogner is best for their tone but the reason they are switchingto mesa is do to a lack of availability in other countries while mesa is widely available so they are switching out of necessity but unless you do alot of touring a bogner will be fine for you
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by azn_guitarist25

They've used Mesas on previous tours, as well.

If you tell me I'm wrong I must be blind because I saw it not once... TWICE.. with my own eyes.
Uberschall > Mesa............
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I thought I saw an Orange amp at one of their shows, I'll try to track down some pics.
EDIT: I've only seen Mesa's and more Mesa's so far
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Last edited by the_random_hero at Oct 10, 2006,
Quote by Creature5
im an avenged sevenfold junkie....

And do not know how to use the button that says 'edit.'
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^Hah !!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by The Prophet
(I know many of you dont like them so dont voice your opinion about them please, that is not the purpose of this thread)

Im on a journey to find a decent amp and my marshall isnt cutting it. Ive been pondering lately what brand does A7X actually use. Im trying to decide what amp I should get since Im influenced by Avenged. But they have so many Im not sure which is it that they mainly use.

Is it Bogner? Krank? Ubershall? Mesaboogie? God dammit, at first I thought it was krank so my happy ass went to the nearest store and asked for it. Now they say mesa and now to date its bogner. So which is it then? Hell about about to give up and just get a peavey or something. If you guys have/played with any of these brands a critique about them would be appreciated. I dont have much time to personally check each and every feature. Also, state the model which they use (guitarists) if you know. Thanks you guys.

You just referred to Bogner, them Uberschall. I highly doubt you need a boutique amp. No offense, but you sound like a ****ing tool.

And from what I understand, they used Bogner's, but they didn't get free **** so they stopped. In the article that was posted on the home page it said something along the lines of : " We've said so much good **** about Bogner and they haven't done a damn thing for us". But then, later in the interview, it said "Their amps are to picky and tempermental, and break down easily" but I thought they said so much good **** about Bogner...
Quote by azn_guitarist25

that's what i heard. to be honest, any quality high gain tube amp should get you close enough- be it mesa, bogner, diezel, peavey 5150/6505, engl, framus, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
They've used Mesas on previous tours, as well.

If you tell me I'm wrong I must be blind because I saw it not once... TWICE.. with my own eyes.

sure... maybe they used bogner in the studio?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ya they used Bogners in the Studio but Daves right any of the amps he listed will get it.

On a side note, i played the Deizel Herbert wall of sound amazing amp much better than the VH4 imo get that if you can though its like 3500 used
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
3500 used........... I'd rather buy a motorbike with that money...... And perhaps that's why I'm such a slow learning guitarist........sob.

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by The Prophet
I checked the Krank Web site under artist. Says Avenged does use Krank, or some sh*t like that. They have their picture with the amp and everything.

Clearly you haven't learnt not to trust a damn thing that Krank say or do.
Quote by azn_guitarist25

This is correct. (Im ashamed to know this)
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Page 1 of 2