I don't know how many times I've posted this song, but hell I'll do it again. This version is an improv, except for the main riffs of course. I just put it up on dMusic. What do you think, besides the usual "no emotion!" comments.

http://jjk11.dmusic.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
nice job, i liked it, you didnt sound sloppy or sketchy at all. i love the feeling this song creates, really nice mood.....

now do u mind telling me what you think of my voice....i have only been singing for a couple weeks so keep that in mind
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439297
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

its kind of sloppy and doesnt really have any emotion and some parts are played wrong..the solo needs lots of work.but nice tone...it would sound nice with chorus
I didn't like the opening your tone was a bit bassy.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
HOLY ****!!! How do you have that farking incredible rig after only playing for a year and a bit? Anyway, tone was obviously amazing, playing obviously needs work, particularly that hammer-on bit after the EMaj7add6 (IIRC), you don't hold the hammered-on G# for long enough. If you can nail that bit, the whole thing would feel a whole lot better for me. If you're concerned about people criticising your "lack of emotion" work on your vibrato. On the plus side, though, you had a couple of cool things down pretty well, like the ascending slide part. Finally, just keep practicing, you're probably better than I was in the same amount of playing.

Also, check out my Lenny.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
I added a backing, I think it sounds better.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Hmm, you got the main bit correct (the held G# I was bitching about) but the whole thing was much sloppier in general. To say you don't sound very confident in your playing would be an understatement. Try attacking the notes a bit harder, and work on cleaning it up in general. It did sound better with the BT, though.

Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by Tom S.
Hmm, you got the main bit correct (the held G# I was bitching about) but the whole thing was much sloppier in general. To say you don't sound very confident in your playing would be an understatement. Try attacking the notes a bit harder, and work on cleaning it up in general. It did sound better with the BT, though.

Thanks man. I definitely agree about the confidence factor. I'm not that confident in my picking skills just yet so that doesn't help.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Yeah i agree. to put it blaintly correct, you cant pussy around the strings with you cover SRV tunes. You need to attack them ****s like you want to break them. Your doing to many covers, worrying about what people are gonna think, which shows in your playing. Its very conservative,emotionless. Just work on this cover for a week or so and re-do it then and just attack the song man. When i do covers. I will record honestly up to 50 times until i get everything the way i want it to be, then i put it on the internet.
i actually dont like the tone that much. the bass notes sound like they are really old strings and didnt have that bell like sound i like. how long have you been playing? i just didnt really find the solo that interesting to be honest. it wasnt really bad or anything just lacked a bit something. it did have a nice laid back feel to it. i think maybe you need to believe in your playing more and just let your feelings come through. also some parts need some timing work imo. id show you my version but i cant seem to get it to load.