Hey, i'm planning to get a guitar thats no more than 1000 dollars I can't decide, just a few months ago i wanted to get this ESP les paul black for 700 dollars but now i'm not so sure to get that one.
My fav guitarist is John Petrucci, i love his tone, i play a bit dream theater, john petrucci's solo album, much of metallica, pantera, some zeppelin and stuff
I don't know if that Les Paul has a suitable tone for what i play, i think it is, but just wanted to ask if theres a better guitar than that les paul that's worth less than 1000 dollars.
I tried the les paul, i loved it but anyways, what guitar is mostly suitable for the music i play?
Petrucci used Ibanez so you should start by looking at those.
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

Last edited by scott5150 at Sep 30, 2006,
i found petruccis signature guitar somewhere for 500-700 dollars
if u wanted an esp my ec400 was a bit less than 900 canadian (its the les paul shape)
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
buy an epiphone sg they sound very good
i use one i play prog metal
and power metal
like dream theater and opeth
then i play king diamond and the guitar can hit pantera-esque nothes to
i payed 300$ for it on musicians friend its a epiphone goth sg its incredible
You can get a used Barebones petrucci for 1000 (barebones as in no JP inlay, no matching h/s, no peizo pickups)
haha