i play with the bridge pickup about 99% of the time on my guitar and soon enough i want a new guitar, but what im wondering is what is better, a seymour duncan invader or an EMG ? please help me
if you play hard rock/metal go for the emg.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Depends what your tastes are, and what sounds you prefer, and I've heard the invaders are crap.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Hmm, probably the EMG, BUT! What amp are you using? Chances are a much better amp (if you have a bad one now) will improve your tone tenfold instead of just new pickups with old amp.
Don't be afraid to care"

ive got a line6 spider 2 which suits my needs very well at the mo, even tho i have a very ****ty guitar
...new amp may be the better choice...atleast that's what everyone here will tell you.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
you'll also want to consider getting a pair if you do go EMG, it's a pita to wire the actives with a passive unless you are just going to leave one disconnected.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
hmm yeah everyone tells me its a **** amp but i dont care i like it, it has just the right distortion for me, so im happy.... but this thread isnt about my amp, its about the EMG or seymour duncan....
If you like it, keep it, despite what people say.
And the EMG will be better for what you want, but most people who want EMGs want a recto...
And new pickups won't make THAT much of a difference with low end gear, just a warning.
Don't be afraid to care"

yeah i wont be using the EMG for my guitar at the mo, i will be using it with my new guitar... mabye if i get it, and thanks alot RHCP for the help....
"Cant people stop complaining about others gear and help?" - Chobbsy

damn straight!!