I have a 3 year old squire p-bass with 20 frets. I'm thinking about getting a new, fretless neck and new pickups.
I was just wondering what kind of neck will fit. Can I just get a standard P-bass neck with 21 frets (or 24?) Will that fit, or are squire basses built differently?

Same with the pickups...can I just buy some standard Fender P-bass pickups?

Thanks
Ahhhhhh!
You could keep the neck you've already got on it and rip the frets out...

Yes, it sounds crazy, but one of my housemates did it earlier this year, and now he's got a fretless guitar.

Heat the frets up with a soildering iron (not too hot, just enough to loosten the glue) and pull them out with pliers. Just fill the gaps with epoxy (my housemate used 6 hour epoxy, but they sell it in quicker drying versions... just be careful that you don't put epoxy someplace you don't feel comfortable sanding off... like the nut, or body) and sand the whole thing smooth. And use flat wound strings.

And if you do screw it up, you can always just buy a neck. Check out www.warmoth.com.
My rig:

Guitars:
Ibanez Jetking 2 (electric)
Hohner HW300-G TBK (acoustic)

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65
Crate CP-150 and building my own cabinet in the summer

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Quote by MANSKIRT-MAN138
You could keep the neck you've already got on it and rip the frets out...

Yes, it sounds crazy, but one of my housemates did it earlier this year, and now he's got a fretless guitar.

Heat the frets up with a soildering iron (not too hot, just enough to loosten the glue) and pull them out with pliers. Just fill the gaps with epoxy (my housemate used 6 hour epoxy, but they sell it in quicker drying versions... just be careful that you don't put epoxy someplace you don't feel comfortable sanding off... like the nut, or body) and sand the whole thing smooth. And use flat wound strings.

And if you do screw it up, you can always just buy a neck. Check out www.warmoth.com.

I really don't want to defret it, I just don't like the neck. I hate the way it feels and sounds.

That website dosen't say anything about a standard neck fitting on a Squire body... nor does it say anything about pickups.
But those necks do look really cool.
Ahhhhhh!
A fender neck will fit a squier neck yes (well teles you have to be careful but this is a bass) so yes you could buy a new neck that would fit a fender and warmoth says the etra frets fit fine, they just go over the pickguard. Also yes the pickups you can change as well with ease