Hello fellow UGers!

I've been playing guitar for about 2 and a half year, I am currently in a band (only for practice and exercise to improve my playing) and already had 2 gigs! (yes I'm proud of it )

I listen to a wide range of music, from Metal to Shred. To name a few bands:
Dream Theater
Liquid Tension Experiment
Children of Bodom
Joe Satriani

My gear is:
LTD Ex-400 (I know that there are better guitars but I love it)
Roland Cube 30
Ibanez gSA60
Behringer AC112

I'm really satisfied with my gear at the moment, I know that I could buy a better amp, but I quite like my Cube.

I'd like to ask you guys what Pedals/FX/whatever may be interesting for me?
I already looked at the Behringer V-amp2 and it looks interesting.
I don't know much about effect-pedals, can I use them with my micro cube? And if yes, only in the clean channel?

My spending money is 50-250$!

Thanks in advance!
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Last edited by Cycon at Sep 30, 2006,
Quote by aseme
Are you looking for an "all-in-one" type pedal, or individual pedals?

Both, But I would rather get 2 good seperate pedals than both combined in a crappy one.

I just have no idea what to get
Well you could just start off getting individual pedals.

The common effect pedals used by all guitarists are the Chorus, Delay, Flange, Phaser and Wah.

A delay pedal is a good first thing to by. It can add a lot to your playing.

You can use any of these pedals with the clean or distortion channel(s) of your amp.
Ok thank you, I think I will get a Delay and Wah pedal.

What brand is good? I checked out the BOSS dynamic Wah and it sounds sweet, so does the digital delay (I really like the flanger also), but they are pretty expensive.
The Danelectro pedals are alot cheaper, but are they as good as the BOSS pedals?
Danelectro pedals are normally very bad and very cheaply made, id stay with the Boss, and i'd recomend against the dynamic wah, look into a regular wah, not one that doesnt use an expression pedal, look into a Vox wah, there really good.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Danelectro pedals are normally very bad and very cheaply made, id stay with the Boss, and i'd recomend against the dynamic wah, look into a regular wah, not one that doesnt use an expression pedal, look into a Vox wah, there really good.

Thanks, again.

I think I'll try out a BOSS Flanger and Delay and take a look into Vox Wah pedals!

Do I need, for example, a BOSS metal zone pedal? It sounds really, like the sound I want to have. Can I use it with my roland cube 30?
You can use anything with anything stop asking that. The big question is whether it will sound good through it, and yes to that. Although distortion following distortion sounds like ass imo, so only use it on a the clean channel. It might be cool to have a footswitch to change channels/switch on/off the distortion on the amp so you can effectively have 2 different distortions at your feet.
Thanks for your advice, I'll get the BOSS delay and flanger + a Vox Wah.

I guess my posts seem to be pretty retarded, I just don't have any idea about how pedals work and if I can use them, thank you for clearing that up. (My english isn't that good, so my explanations are pretty limited aswell)

The pedals are pretty expensive here in Germany, but I have a friend who works at a local musicstore, so I can probaly get them a little bit cheaper. Now this is my last question, I searched a bit at wikipedia and google, but I couldn't find an explanation on how to connect the pedals witht he amp. It would be very kind if anyone could explain that to me, or give me a link or anything like that.

And to Sanatarium, I really like the idea of heaving two distortions, I already have a footswich, so I'm gonna give it a try.

Thank you guys for all your help!
Last edited by Cycon at Sep 30, 2006,
The cable that goes from your guitar to the amp is what you use to connect pedals. For instance, connect your guitar to the input of a pedal, and then connect the output of the pedal to the input of the amp.
wide range... metal to shred???

anyways, i think a delay or a morley wah will do you good.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??