A bunch of songs im playing have "hammer on" i dont really understand this :S whats it mean and how do u do it
Fret the string without picking it. As the name implies "hammer" it on. When you do the opposite thats called a pull-off.
Don't follow the trends. Do what feels right.
yup as mentioned above, no picking is required, hammer your finger on the required fret to produce the note and a pull off is the opposite, where your finger is pushing already on the string and then pull your finger off to produce the note while slightly plucking it to produce a well-defined sound.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Those are kind of incomplete definitions, for practicality's sake.

If a tab says 7h9, it means:

Play the 7th fret on whatever string, pluck the note, and then do as they say above - strike down with your left hand on the next fret without plucking again. You should get a smooth transition.
Hi, I'm Peter
Or Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

timi_hendrix, I'm pretty sure the threadstarter wants to know what a hammer-on looks like, not how it sounds.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Or Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

timi_hendrix, I'm pretty sure the threadstarter wants to know what a hammer-on looks like, not how it sounds.

yeh but you get the idea of what it is by listening to them being done