Page 1 of 3
What do you guys think about this guitars. quality, materials, sound, etc... i've heard good things about the brand especially for their low prices in comparison to similar more expensive guitars, but i'd like to know more about them, especially on the following ones: (i have listed them in order of preference so im more interested on the first ones but if you can tell me a little something about the others it's cool too)
http://www.rondomusic.net/interceptor.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/hornet.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/ps970floyd.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/ps924.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000prestthincsbf.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/ps1000.html
http://www.rondomusic.net/al2500fltblk.html

Thanks!
Not the hornet. It's made of agathis.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah... like low-end BC Riches and Squiers (not the ones made of alder).
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I wouldn't go w/ any of the Floyd ones... I'm sure they're nto that bad, but most cheap floyds crap out badly after a few months.

Personally, I'd go with a PS-1000, as I like stoptails and i also like the PRS look.
haha
Quote by aznrockerdude
Not the hornet. It's made of agathis.

I'd like to clear up a common misconception. Agathis, is not ****ty wood. It is, perhaps, the cheapest of woods, aside from things like plywood strat copies, but outside of that, Agathis is somewhat similar to alder in tonal characteristics.

TS: I didn'get a chance to look at your post because i was reading through ^his, but if you're looking for an agile, i suggest you try out one of the al-3100 mop's. I hate abalone, looks really cheap and flashy, and mother of pearl is just perfect on an lp, plus it is part of the 3k series after all. Outside of that, they have a new tele, tc-1000wad you should consider checkign out, or that natural HSH superstrat they've got.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
^It's far from the best choice, however, plus it sounds like crap clean.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Agathis doesn't sound bad at all...the problem is it's used for the uber-cheap guitars and they're going to sound bad no matter what.

My only grief with agathis is it's a real soft wood.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Better get an epiphone. Agile's aren't good guitars. I only wish people around here would start realizing that.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by refgerto
Better get an epiphone. Agile's aren't good guitars. I only wish people around here would start realizing that.

+1 & x100.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^LAF, i knew it when i saw ur name.

epi's fell in price so much this past year, ur nuts if u dont at least look at a few first.

with that said, im not crazy about any of the under 3000
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Aww Jenny, you know me like the back of your hand!
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I'm with Jenny on this one - check out some Epi's first. I was thinking about an Agile a while back, but after reading about a lot of cases where the guitars came in bad condition I started looking at Epi's.

Now of course I have realised that a Fender Strat is the guitar for me, so I'm going for that.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by AlGeeEater
+1 & x100.

ummm... hmmm... +102 I think... Maybe.

(Seriously if you buy an Agile you'll make an angel cry)

Peace
Rock and Roll is fading away but, it can never truly die. Rap will be dead before it hits the ground.
not defending agile, but you know why some of the new epi's are lower???? because they moved em to china and instead they have agathis in the core instead of alder now, or so i've been told, and well, i'd take an agile over agathis anyday, i just don't like the tone
Despite the popular presumption, agathis is actually a pretty good tonewood. Problem is, agathis is mainly used on starter guitars where the quality of the whole guitar in general is not acceptable.

You know what wouldn't suprise me, and is probaly true, is the 'mahogany' in the Agiles are most likely nato or some other philippine mahogany.

Chris
Quote by AlGeeEater
Despite the popular presumption, agathis is actually a pretty good tonewood. Problem is, agathis is mainly used on starter guitars where the quality of the whole guitar in general is not acceptable.

You know what wouldn't suprise me, and is probaly true, is the 'mahogany' in the Agiles are most likely nato or some other philippine mahogany.

Chris

Hundoran mahogany.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Xenn99
I'm with Jenny on this one - check out some Epi's first. I was thinking about an Agile a while back, but after reading about a lot of cases where the guitars came in bad condition I started looking at Epi's.

Now of course I have realised that a Fender Strat is the guitar for me, so I'm going for that.

pretty much same here. i was playing epis at shops and i was considering an agile but than i picked up a fender fat strat in beautiful chrome red. now its mine and it kicks the crap out of any epi ive played. dont really like the necks on epis for some reason
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by Chad11491
not defending agile, but you know why some of the new epi's are lower???? because they moved em to china and instead they have agathis in the core instead of alder now, or so i've been told, and well, i'd take an agile over agathis anyday, i just don't like the tone

Actually, now they're using all mahogany. I played a Classic the other day - all mahogany. They've even had news articles on their site stating that the LP Studios and Standards are now upgraded with mahogany bodies and Grover tuners.

And, some may be made in China, but many are still made in Korea.

Also - to the guy who said that Agiles are Honduran mahogany, I can guarantee you they aren't. Not even all Gibsons are Honduran mahogany - saying that $200 guitars are made of it is nothing but a joke.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ive played these guitars in jersey at this store. they have some pretty cool stuff there, not nearly the amount of stuff they post on their page.

bottom line, dont buy these guitars... waste of money, they suck...

the end
I have a 3100, and I like it better than Epiphone Customs. They're high quality and play great for the price!
Yeah i've got a 3100 and i when i went into guitar center yesterday i realized how much more i liked it then the Epi's i played.
Recordings of me and my band in my profile
Quote by AlGeeEater

Chris

that's what i was trying to say
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

I'd get the first one and replace the trem, but I'm big on metal, so I can't really say unless you give us your favorite genres.
Dickless.
^well, i'm just looking around and i'm curious about this guitar, at some point i would get a 7 string baritone or whatever, but i would use it for my own stuff, and experiment with it and play it my own way regardless of what bands i listen to. but if it helps you could check my profile if you want to find out. i just want to know if this guitar is good in quality, sound, woods, and its price.
I dont know dude but i sent in an order to Rondomusic today for the AL 2500 in flat black and ill tell ya how that goes when it gets here if u wanna wait, if u dont watever
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by OldRocker
Hundoran mahogany.

Mmmm, nope.
dudetheman, yes i'll wait. when are you going to get it, and when you do please post your information on this thread
Agile guitars are decent. i would buy one for a beginner, thats really it. im from jersey and thats where this store is. ive heard great things about them so i drove to the store to check them out. it was like playing a $100 Epi at best, and that was the higher end models...

its your money. but if you think about it, youre buying a guitar that youve never played, held in your hands, or heard with you own ears.

if they have a return policy, then you have nothing to lose
'62 Stratocaster Reissue, Sunburst - Duncan Hotrails in Bridge
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Alpine white
Univox "Lucy", Clear Lucite Body
Schecter Pro Stragety
Crate - GX1200 - Half Stack - CRAP! SCREW Crate!
BOSS - DD5, GE7, MT2, DS1
I've read an article somewhere that someone took apart an agile al3000 or something and made a report. He claimed the top layer was hundoran mahogany but what do I know. I don't know anything about wood. I'm not going to look for that report so if it ain't it ain't. I have an al3000 which I fitted it with emgs. I like it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
I've read an article somewhere that someone took apart an agile al3000 or something and made a report. He claimed the top layer was hundoran mahogany but what do I know. I don't know anything about wood. I'm not going to look for that report so if it ain't it ain't. I have an al3000 which I fitted it with emgs. I like it.

Some people just won't get over the fact that there are other LP copies better than the "official" Epi LP copy. Oh well.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
Agiles will never be anywhere close to Epiphones in terms of quality, feel & tone.

Chris
Quote by OldRocker

Yes.

Because "i've read an article somewhere" is so reassuring as to which source this "article" came from

Something you kids will be learning about in school in the near future, is source critisism. It basically means that you shouldn't regard every written word as holy, and believe everything you hear and see around you.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
i love these threads.

all the epi guys bash the agiles, and all the agilers bash the epi-ers.
gee hmm, is there a chance that both make a pretty good intermediate level guitar?
and that the difference at that level are pretty negligible?

nah, lets just wait for crunch instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
i love these threads.

all the epi guys bash the agiles, and all the agilers bash the epi-ers.
gee hmm, is there a chance that both make a pretty good intermediate level guitar?
and that the difference at that level are pretty negligible?

nah, lets just wait for crunch instead.

The Epi guys are just PO'd we can get as good of a guitar for 2/3 the cost of their Epi LP.
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
yeah, except u cant.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Im not an epi guy at all. I think Epi's are generally shitty guitars. Im just saying that agiles are even shittier.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Page 1 of 3