Hi,
As of late, i have had troubles with my guitar picking up the sound. When i plug into the amp, no sound is picked up from the strings. I think this may be a problem with the input jack, i have opened up the guitar but, being not much of an electronics guru, i cannot see much wrong with the input. When plugged in, i can tap the pickups and the signal seems to pick up the tapping but no sound from the strings.

Any idea what the problem is?
it's either the guitar cord.

or one of the two jack wires has broken off.

if uve ever hand tightened it, the jack can spin and rip off a wire.
this is how it should look...

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
try raising your pups nearer to the strings.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
It can't be the pickups, it was working fine until it suddenly stopped working. I will look at the input tomorrow, thanks for your replies so far.
Obvious sugestion but have you tried using a new guitar cable, it could be a loose connection within the cable.
I have used another cable and tried both cables with my brothers guitar, they both work fine. I am about to take the input out, any things i should be wary of? It is a telecaster type input.
Last edited by Windie Miller at Oct 1, 2006,
Quote by Windie Miller
I have used another cable and tried both cables with my brothers guitar, they both work fine. I am about to take the input out, any things i should be wary of? It is a telecaster type input.

Theres nothign you should be particularly worried about. When you take it off make sutre that there are no loose wires.

The other thing you should look at is the metal arm that crabs the lead when it is insterted, make sure it crabs the lead properly buy insterting the lead when you have the jack out of the guitar. If it doesnt grip properly then you will have to push it so it grips the lead properly, but thats only a temporary repair you will have to get a new jack socket eventually.

The other thing to check is that the metal arm isnt diry where it contacts the lead, a build up of grime can ruin the connection. To clean it you need to get a piece of fine grade sandpaper and rub the arm where it connects with the lead, dont go nuts and rub hard just a light rub will do.
^psshhht
dont take all the credit here prk. i mean u didnt have a fancy picture or anything.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

awwww i thought i was gonna get away with hogging the lime light

I guess we had better give some to the lady with the photo shop talent, comeon everyone one give a to jenny
LOL, oofa.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62