i am getting my first amp for my ibanez rg321 and what amp for around $200 would be the best approximation i was thinking a vox valvetronix or a roland cube
Cube.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Because the Cube handles high gain better?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Because it's just the way it is. The Vox is more of a classic rock amp, although some of it's models include one for 80's metal, however It just sounds like regular distortion to me.

The Cube r t3h l33t h4x0r.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
I own a Cube and I love it! It's definatly a great practicing-amp with various amp-models.

I can easily imagine that you could get an petrucci-like tone out of it. The cube is very cheap and you get a lot for the price, so I think you should consider buying a cube and 1 or 2 effect pedals.
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Last edited by Cycon at Sep 30, 2006,
Some guy over at HC said he got a pettrucci tone out of his cube, so i'd go for that
Quote by Davidian
Thats more like it.

Thank you.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
if your looking for petrucci tone probably the cube
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Yea I heard the cube was good
"ya see baseball got it all wrong...a man with four balls can't walk"
what if i bought adistortion pedal for the vox because it does everything else better also would a distortion pedal witha used fender pro junior work?