Hello, I'm rather new to this website and this is my first post. Excuse me if this has been asked too many times before or if I am breaking any rules.

Anyhow, I bought a Dunlop Cry Baby Classic wah pedal about a month ago and it worked great. But recently I've noticed that when I rock the pedal from Bass to Treble there is a crackle. I've heard from a few people that I need to replace the "pot" or spray some WD-40 on it or other cleaners with silicon lubricant.

So my question is, what exactly am I supposed to do? I'm not exactly the most technical guy, so when I opened up the wah pedal it looked like some foreign technology. What is this "pot" I am supposed to fix?

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.
It's kinda hard to explain. THe pedal is attached to a stick. The stick has teeth, and goes into the body of the wah. The teeth turn a gear, which turns the rod of the pot. If you follow that confusing roadmap, you should have it.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Avatar V30 4x12 cab