Hey guys, im in a dilema...

I've been playing roughly around 1 year (on and off) and mostly just things to pass me through my standard grade (scottish GCSE). I get guitar lessons at school, but my teacher is set on teaching me nothing exept what i need to learn for to pass my exam, which i think is rubbish.

I have looked up guitar teachers around my area, and found one which looks pretty good, for the things i want to learn, but im not sure wether i should.

The first main question is - Is £22 average for 1hrs tuition, or is it way too much?

2nd - If i do go and get these, what would the best use of my time be, as in what should i ask him to teach me? what kinds of things will benefit me most in the long run, because i really don't think him just teaching me songs will do any good.

Anyway, if anyone has information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks UG
Actually songs that you enjoy is a step to getting better. You learn trademarks from others style and if you really like it you can incorporate it to your style. And 22 bucks an hour isn't bad. It's actually pretty good. In the Fairfield GC around where I live, they chardge 30 bucks half an hour. But the dude taught John Mayer so I'm not complaining.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
If you really want to get lessons, I'd do it. It helped me back when I started playing, and I didn't have the ambition to teach myself chords and stuff. But if you already know the basics well enough, I wouldn't worry about it.
Hm I'd say 22 is a bit much. I have them for £15 an hour which is pretty good for the teaching I think. And yeah you'd be surprised how much songs help.
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Isn't one hour too long?

I was getting them for 30 mins at 15£. It was originally 20mins, but I said I wanted longer, and the dude told me that 20 is more than enough, but since i insisted he gave me an extra 10 mins.

Nice guy.
Well, would it be better to get 30 mins every week (£11) or 1 hour every 2 weeks (£22)?
Quote by crash 2.0
Actually songs that you enjoy is a step to getting better. You learn trademarks from others style and if you really like it you can incorporate it to your style. And 22 bucks an hour isn't bad. It's actually pretty good. In the Fairfield GC around where I live, they chardge 30 bucks half an hour. But the dude taught John Mayer so I'm not complaining.

its 22 dollars in a different currency, not USD

and theres a GC is Fairfield? i thought there was only ones in Orange and Manchester for CT. i might have to go there one day.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Nah dude. It's in Fairfield 813 Kings Hwy. It's pretty cool. They just sold equipment to Paul McCartneys guitarist the other day.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
My teacher would charge me 11$ an hour. Sometimes the lessons would last for two hours. He didn't mind.