Alright heres the deal. Ive been playing the acoustic for about 4 months now and i decided to move on to an electric. right now i hav abot 200 or 150 in savings, and next month around 250-300 will go in it. so i will hav a total of around 400-500. ive already decided on my beginning guitar wich will probably be my guitar for 1-3 years, which is a schecter omen 6. thatll be 299 so ill hav maybe 100-200 dollars left over. wat im looking for is a cheap (maybe around 100) amp thats good for practicing in my room or in my house or maybe showing off at a friends suggestions?

i play punkish rock...christian rock...indie...surf (if thats a style)...alternative rock...soul...so yea
tHaNkS
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
Last edited by CamPie at Sep 30, 2006,
the crate power block is 100 bucks but i hear its not the greatest quality or anything, but i guess you get what you pay for
fender frontman 15w or 25w - theyre the best thing ur going to get for $100
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Last edited by The Unforgaven at Sep 30, 2006,
ive been looking. hows a line 6 15?
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
^ never played one before but ive heard some good things about them.... i dont know if it is though so dont take my word for it....
im guessing a 15w line 6 Spider wont be your best option nor will any spider because of your style of music. spiders are good for metal and pretty much metal only
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
okkkk...so i guess that fender frontman is my best bet, ey?
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
ya u can get a 15w one for 79$ and they seem to fit your style pretty good. A 25w one will be something like $150 and will be better but the 15w is still an awesome amp for the price
Quote by CamPie

NO! i used to have a line 6, infact i still got it, i got an old gibson falcon now.. anyways, THEY SUCK!!! on the stock sound for insane is sounds like a retarded cradboard box, you want a good sound get one of those fenders an like a distortion pedal... itll be way better then the line 6, im not even exaggerating, they suck as bad as people say they do an i say this from experience
i had a peavy transtube 15W for my first amp, its only 80bucks but its not the greatest quality or anything... id say get the fender still
Go for a 15w Vox Valvetronix. Yeah, it's over $100, but it's a hell of a lot better than a Frontman or some other cheap POS.

Here's a link;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958

$190 (in your budget), and you can keep it as a small practice amp for years instead of want to toss it out a window when you get a bigger amp. I'd say it's probably the best in your price range.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^It can't be helped. I'm just that awesome.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You know, why not get a Behringer V-Amp 2. It's 100$ new, and sounds GREAT! Put on some headphones and it's just as good as a real amp, and better than a crap amp. Your parents wont get pissed because you are playing Fall Out Boy all day cranked up, and honestly, if you ever get into recording, you can use it to simulate some great amps!!

I have a Crate 15W amp, and havent used it once since ive had my V-Amp. I think you'll be much more satisfied with a V-amp opposed to a **** 15 watter
yeah behringers are pretty decent.. i mean like the company in general, i see there cabs used alot an ive played there ultra metal pedal, its pretty awesome
Quote by The Unforgaven
fender frontman 15w or 25w - theyre the best thing ur going to get for $100

I really like their sound. I'm sure it would make a great bedroom amp. (Get the one with reverb)

I really like the clean sound on it. Wonder how that'd sound PA'd in a club...
Quote by HxCori<3
yeah behringers are pretty decent.. i mean like the company in general, i see there cabs used alot an ive played there ultra metal pedal, its pretty awesome

I use their GMX212 as my main amp. I can dial in amps from Fender to Marshall with it. Sounds great. The effects are an extra. I mostly use some reverb from it but there's a whole lotta other stuff to play with. The smaller models I'm sure go for around $100.

I'm not sure why the frontman has a bad rap. The distortion is nothing to write home about but the clean is really decent.
yeah im thinkin bout maybe gettin one of there bigger amps next, maybe a peavey valveking instead cuz its pretty cheap for a good all tube..
Quote by CamPie

Those are pretty nice for the price, I'm a Line 6 owner myself, and I'm pretty satisfied by the 75W one I have. Again, it's just a matter of opinion.