Hey this is just a thread and I just would like to see what kind of grunge you guys are into. Please no nickleback, creed, alterbridge, or any of that stuff. They're not grunge. Grunge bands are: Mudhoney, Soundgarden, TAD, and alot others those are just a few.
Nirvana just based on their inspiration to almost everyone, AIC, Soundgarden, and i might get flamed for this but Puddle of Mudd, not counting that single Blurry.
Melvins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Alice in Chains are far frome Grunge they are straight up Metal and people think theyre Grunge cause they came out of Seattle around the same time Nirvana and Pearl Jam did. And another thing Pearl Jam isnt Grunge EITHER!
NIRVANA, MELVINS, MUDHONEY, GREEN RIVER, SEVEN YEAR BITCH, and THE SUPERSUCKERS (who are kind of punk-pop meets grunge, check them out).
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
There's already a grunge thread. It's a good 129 pages long too.

buuuut its dead.
Quote by fattymcfat97
Melvins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Alice in Chains are far frome Grunge they are straight up Metal and people think theyre Grunge cause they came out of Seattle around the same time Nirvana and Pearl Jam did. And another thing Pearl Jam isnt Grunge EITHER!

Actually, they are grunge. Grunge is just the name Mark Arm gave bands that came out of that area around that time.
nirvana, mudhoney, pearl jam (which i seen may 10th 2006, @ the ACC) soundgarden, the screaming trees, the melvins, sonic youth. and many more just lazy lol.
Quote by wokketywok
buuuut its dead.

Yeah, well starting this thread isn't helping that.

Quote by morco
nirvana, mudhoney, pearl jam (which i seen may 10th 2006, @ the ACC) soundgarden, the screaming trees, the melvins, sonic youth. and many more just lazy lol.

Sonic Youth isn't grunge.
Quote by pinkhaze29
O yeah and pearl jam

don't forget to mention Pearl Jam
Quote by Pan-Tallica
I'd sig that, but I don't sig things. Therefore, this entire post was unnecessary.

Slap a n00b
In my opinion the 3 top grunge bands are:

1 Pearl Jam / Alice in chains (can't choose) :P
2. Nirvana
3. Soundgarden
Both Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains are Grunge.

Even though Alice In Chains is equally Metal, they will mostly be thought of as a Grunge band.
And if you think Pearl Jam isn't Grunge go tell your mom to make you some bagel bites, then have sex with them.
Quote by fattymcfat97

How isnt' PJ or AIC grunge? Grunge was an era more so than a sound IMO. they fit into that era perfectly, moody and self examining.
Cream fan club member #11.
Melvins, Nirvana, Mudhoney.
I havent really had a chance to listen to many others so if anyone can make suggestions 'twould be cool.
Soundgarden is pretty much it, although I listen to Pearl Jam once in awhile. Also it shuld be noted grunge wasn't really a genre, it was more of a scene.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....