yup that's the topic upon which I'll be doing some presentations for my English seminar in college. no better place but to get some recommendations and tips but here...

I narrowed down my focus to the Sabbath album "Tyr", the Bathory album "Blood Fire Death", and the two albums that Varg wrote while in jail (officially released as Burzum projects)

any other suggestions, points of interest, application and/or info on how to go about this will be more than welcome.

MODS: I understand this might not belong here, but I'd rather you let it stay here, since some folks here might actually be able to throw down some valuable suggestions.

Peace,
Axe#9
No Amon Amarth?
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
http://metal-archives.com/

If you want some more bands, go to that site and on the left choose lyrical themes on the dropdown and type something like "norse." At the moment all that springs to my mind other than what you have with (english) lyrics about norse mythology is Amon Amarth, and Therion's album Secret of the Runes.
Yeah I'd say Amon Amarth.

P.S. The new video for "Runes To My Memory" is amazing.
Einherjer
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
ya dont forget Amon Amarth like they all said, and although its not really metal the sword had a song about Freya. (that would be a good one to throw in to include more than one genre as you didnt specify metal)
Research Enslaved..... they have alot of norse mythology in their music
^Yea that's who I was gonna say as well. Enslaved is kickass. Check out Isa and Ruun.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Mithontyn has some good stuff in it... very based around nordic mythology. there also is thryfrig (did is spell that right)
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Quote by Metal Matt
^Yea that's who I was gonna say as well. Enslaved is kickass. Check out Isa and Ruun.
x2

Quote by Metal Matt

i don't know about mythology in the lyrics but Below the Lights also kicks ass by them

lawl
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL