i just noticed my strings are pretty dirty. What can i use to clean them that i might have lying around the house??
I've always heard about boiling them in water, but I've never been that hard up for cash that I needed to boil guitar strings.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
take a note card and scrape the underside of the strings w/ it to get all that gunk off and then run a washcloth or somethin over the strings to get a bit more off the top.

either that or you could go out and buy fast fret. it has polish and a cloth. it also makes your strings last longer too.
depends on how long you've had them. if over two months, replace them. otherwise, fast fret.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
dont be such a tight ass and actually buy new ones or spend alot more and buy Elixirs cos they really do last a bloody long time
boiling them in water works superb, but they sell over the counter fixes too. they are sometimes lemon oil or other mixtures of cleaning fluid.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
dont be such a tight ass and actually buy new ones or spend alot more and buy Elixirs cos they really do last a bloody long time

Im not a tightass you little prick. I just got these strings a couple weeks ago and they are dirty already and i want to make them last.
Quote by buzzcut
Im not a tightass you little prick. I just got these strings a couple weeks ago and they are dirty already and i want to make them last.

what strings do you have?
LAf, spray a little windex on a rag and clean from the underside of the strings, so u dont get any on ur fretboard.

for rust, u can rub off the strings with a brillo pad, but watch out for little metal bits, especially around the pickups.

in both cases u should put a rag under the strings, so u dont get anything on the guitar.

wash and dry urhands before u play, make sure ur guitar isnt being kept in a humid area and dont call my little brother a prick, he's a nice guy.

edit: oh wait werent u the guy that also called me an ass last month, when i tried to help u out? oh man, nice one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Spray a bit of WD-40 on a rag and run it up an down your strings, making sure you get the underside. It cleans wonderfully, and lubes them up nicely too...
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?