this is not a thread about what would have happened if Syd hadnt died (well mostly) or what if Jeff Beck played with Pink Floyd rather than David gilmour. Instead its what would have happened if Bob Klose stayed their guitarist. If you lsiten to oen of their first demo songs they released when Klose was with them, they sound a lot more bluesy and gritty, like it seems as if they kept playing that music they'd end up like touring with the Paul Butterfield Band

Lucy Leave

click download mp3
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Wow... That almost sounded like The Rolling Stones...

While there was still some hint of psychedelic influence in the song, it was definitely a lot more bluesy.

Honestly, if Floyd had stuck with that type of material I wouldn't be surprised if they actually toured with the Stones or maybe with other psych-blues bands such as Fraternity of Man.
Well that didnt happen, and what did happen happend, and what happend was good, pink floyd is great.

And that song, lucy leave is great, ty for tellin us
Last edited by J3bus at Sep 30, 2006,
Quote by J3bus
Well that didnt happen, and what did happen happend, and what happend was good, pink floyd is great.

And that song, lucy leave is great, ty for tellin us

I love Floyd, I'm not sayign they would have been better if they stayed more bluesy. I just wanted to point how different they sound from the psychedlic rock they became
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Wow, that's really interesting. It would be kind of interesting to see where Floyd would be right now if they had continued in that line of music. Nice discovery man!!
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.