ok i am lookin to upgrade my amp from a marshall avt 20 to either a roland cube 30 or a vox valvetronix ad30. i currently own a me-50, so my question is wheather i can get the same level of distortion on both those amps. i heard that the cube is better for metal, though i dont know wheather that is only because of it built in effects or because it produces a better sound. sp can someone tell wheather ill get more or less distortion on either amp when usin a pedal.
please. don't get the cube. it's not worth it at all.

if you want something for your money, check out some line 6 stuff (it's reasonably good and affordable).
Quote by totenkopfSG

if you want something for your money, check out some line 6 stuff (it's reasonably good and affordable).

Being an owner of a line 6 I would advise against that, the distortion sounds good when you first hear it, but after hearing other amps' distortion you'll be wanting for more, not sure the me-50 will even be able to cure that.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by totenkopfSG

n00b.

Please, DO get the Cube. Its better for heavier stuff. And IMO its the best SS amp out there...without spending a ton of cash anyways.
^ Agreed. The Vox AD30VT is a disappointing amp after you grow familiar with the sounds.
Hi, I'm Peter