guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
Downloading it now.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Last edited by guitar_rules311 at Jul 8, 2011,
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
Damnesia is actually awesome despite just being acoustic versions of older songs.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
I'm enjoying it, I always like their acoustic stuff though. Decent song choices too.
I'm an asshole.
Unourrit01
Rangers Suck
732 IQ
i love it. i have grown a hatred for radio but the version on this album really made me love it again
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
I like it a lot
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by Unourrit01
i love it. i have grown a hatred for radio but the version on this album really made me love it again

Well you can go stick razor blades right up your ass mister.
I'm an asshole.
Unourrit01
Rangers Suck
732 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
Well you can go stick razor blades right up your ass mister.

when you covered the song EVERY show for 3 years, you grow to dislike it
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Theres the classic hit or miss situation for me regarding Damnesia. Some tracks seem like they were layered a little too much and then theres some songs where its like "Woah, this is awesome right now"
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Greenfinger182
Drunk Dancin'
2,694 IQ
Yeah, they definitely went a bit too far on one or two tracks. I wish they had really just done a one- or two-acoustic guitar album with vox rather than adding in the drums and a few other bells and whistles you hear throughout.

Also, I strongly dislike the fact that they rerecorded Blue In the Face. When you already have an excellent acoustic song, surely you don't have to pop out another acoustic arrangement...and again, they added in drums and a more thorough mastering process that I feel detracts from the song a lot more than it adds...it's such a sombre and subtly melancholy song, that it works brilliantly with one guitar and a voice. The panoramic-acoustic guitars with the drums and bass and such...definitely didn't need it.

Of course, that's me nitpicking things to bitch about - overall I thought the album was really very good - anything that shows them moving away from Agony and Irony is good in my eyes.

Oh, and what's up alk3 thread? Jeez, I remember you guys from like 5 years ago...that's ****ing scary. I have a post on the front page from when I was 16 ffs.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
^Did you ever jack off to the new MCR? (which I assume is old now)
I'm an asshole.
OP-IVY
35 IQ
Yeah i didn't see the point in blue in the face bieng on there at all. Olde English 800 is catchy as **** tho, i can't get it out of my head.
Greenfinger182
Drunk Dancin'
2,694 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
^Did you ever jack off to the new MCR? (which I assume is old now)

I noticed that whenever I looked at the front page...you know, it really doesn't feel like that burn came 5 years ago.

But you know what did come 5 years ago? Me, after listening to the advance copy of the new MCR album.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
BlaiseTheSlayer
Laser Cat
470 IQ
I liked Damnesia for the most part. Clavicle, This Could Be Love, I Held Her In My Arms, Private Eye, and Mercy Me were my favorites. Re-recording Blue in the Face was unnecessary, and the version of Radio was a bit meh.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by Greenfinger182
I noticed that whenever I looked at the front page...you know, it really doesn't feel like that burn came 5 years ago.

But you know what did come 5 years ago? Me, after listening to the advance copy of the new MCR album.

Full circle five years later!
/thread.

edit: not really end the Alkaline Trio thread
I'm an asshole.
Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
Just got Goddamnit and the Hot Water Music split.
you're a stone fox
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Love it!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
mikko 9119
siin
477 IQ
Found Good Mourning vinyl at a thrift shop the other day for $12. Bought it, took it home, and just opened it tonight. First reaction was "sweet, a white pressing!" Then i got to looking at it a little more, and now it just looks dirty. What I'm hoping for is that its actually a white marble printing. But either way, the things pretty damn neat lookin.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.