Page 5 of 16
ye i saw that yesterday

with jaked on green beers in the background

ahhh

this album should be pretty good

(even though i do have all the songs already :P)
Blah.
So yeah

im gonna resurrect this thread

with the topic of the new song on their myspace page

coz i cant make my mind up about it
Blah.
V2 (their new record label) has folded. Meaning the new album probably taking longer to come out.
Quote by Tuffers
V2 (their new record label) has folded. Meaning the new album probably taking longer to come out.

Damn.
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
how come the album is advertised all over the vagrant website then???

lol sorry just got what you mean

and to that i say...

'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'
Blah.
I have way more than 93 songs...
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
do you mean to say V2 has folded in terms of ceasing to trade business? if so then that's not true.

EDIT: actually, there may be truth in that.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Last edited by frodoisdead at Jan 21, 2007,
Quote by stepco12345
No, cuz i hate going to Myspaceseses...es

~stepco

Well Myspace is pretty gay, but still I'd rather hear the whole cd early than not.
Quote by Cal UK
Quote by stepco12345
True True. But, it's sorta out of the way.

~stepco

Well yeah, and I guess you could just wait the 5 days.
Quote by Cal UK
well

the only song on the Remains cd i havnt heard is Buried

which is from the Mercy Me single

and iv listened to it on myspace

and its pretty good
Blah.
I had heard eight before they put it up on Myspace.
Quote by Cal UK
Quote by stepco12345
You always have to do one better .

~stepco

Ha of course, it's what I live for.

(and to make this not spam...) Right now my favorite song has got to be "My Standard Break From Life."

Dan's voice

Quote by Cal UK
"My Standard Break From Life" has always been good. I always liked the line about "And when you're only 23 it's not attractive to complain about your sore back."

And I always liked the little fill Matt had in the song.
Umm...could someone help me out here? They said they were recording a new CD in February, is Remains the same thing?
Get off my lawn.
Ok I have a confession...I have the first 7 songs from the album, and they are amazing. It reminds me of a mix between From Here To Infirmary, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Good Mourning. It doesn't sound anything like Crimson, thank god.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Ok I have a confession...I have the first 7 songs from the album, and they are amazing. It reminds me of a mix between From Here To Infirmary, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Good Mourning. It doesn't sound anything like Crimson, thank god.

What's wrong with Crimson? I thought it was awesome. And if you're refering to the first seven songs off Remains, they were released during the From Here To Infirmary, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Good Mourning eras, so....
Oh, hey, that was released today, wasn't it?
Anyone actually gone out and bought the album yet? I've still got to wait another half an hour to hour and a half before I can go.
Quote by Cal UK
Quote by stepco12345
Why would they release singles for a B-side album?

~stepco

Because Alkaline Trio's B-Sides>most bands' singles.
Quote by neidnarb11890
What's wrong with Crimson? I thought it was awesome. And if you're refering to the first seven songs off Remains, they were released during the From Here To Infirmary, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Good Mourning eras, so....
Oh, hey, that was released today, wasn't it?

Nothing's wrong with Crimson, that was a great album too. But I personally like Maybe I'll Catch Fire and Goddamnit! And yeah I know the first seven were from previous eras, I had Hell Yes before I heard Remains.

But yeah...Crimson > Most Punk Rock Albums
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi

I already have all the tracks from Remains...I mean, they've already been released, this is just grouping them together, sort of like the self-titled album. The reason it sounds like a mix is likely because all of the songs were recorded at different times. And also, every Alk3 track is single-worthy.

Looks like you can no longer listen to the entire album on myspace though...
Doesn't this have DVD feature on it? It's gonna be worth it, even if they have been released before.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Nothing's wrong with Crimson, that was a great album too. But I personally like Maybe I'll Catch Fire and Goddamnit! And yeah I know the first seven were from previous eras, I had Hell Yes before I heard Remains.

I like the first albums too, but I would be satisfied if their next one was like Crimson. I thought it was great even compared to Alkaline Trio's earlier work.
Quote by stepco12345
I would love it if there next album resembles Good Mourning because that is an awesomo album. The lyrics on that CD are the best i have heard in a long time.

~stepco

I wouldn't mind it representing Good Mourning either (especailly lyric-wise), but I would require that Dan made better songs for it. Blue Carolina? Blah.
Quote by Greenfinger182
I wouldn't mind it representing Good Mourning either (especailly lyric-wise), but I would require that Dan made better songs for it. Blue Carolina? Blah.

I really liked Dan's songs from Crimson. Settle For Satin is amazing.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Doesn't this have DVD feature on it? It's gonna be worth it, even if they have been released before.

yeah i watched the dvd the other day

its basically them just on tour

but theres a scene where matt breaks up a fight between 2 kids and one them calls him gay...

pretty funny...
Blah.
My friend saw them on the Tonight Show or Late Night, can't remember, but he said he thought Matt was gay.

WTF?!!?
Get off my lawn.
When I think of ALK3 I think of Matt Skibba, but nobody can say they don't like the unique voice of dan, he just adds something to group.
Quote by schecterguy
When I think of ALK3 I think of Matt Skibba, but nobody can say they don't like the unique voice of dan, he just adds something to group.

Yeah, they wouldn't be what they are today if Dan wasn't in it.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by stepco12345
How can you tell if someone's gay just by watching them on a late night program?

~stepco

That's what I said after I smacked him. Remains is a great CD, even it's just B-sides btw.
Get off my lawn.
Got Remains yesterday. I'm digging it, even though I've heard all of the songs.
matt has better lyrics, i mean alkaline trio altogether has the best lyrics i've ever heard, but matts lyrics surpass dans, but what would one be without the other. and now matts all eye liner like and poserish, but their music is still the best around
when im with you, there's nothing I wouldn't do, i just wanna be you're only one. im gasping out of straws, taken aback by what i saw that night before when we were all alone...